Are dating websites useless for men?

Seems like dating sites are a complete waste of time for us guys. The women on it seem so picky and will only fall for one guy they deem "perfect". I mean I've had partial success myself you could say, because a few women have asked to meet me and whatever, but most of the time they'll disappear.

I use Zoosk, OKcupid and POF. OKCupid is where I've had most success.

PegNosePete

It's always intrigued me. "The women on them are X, Y, Z"... well, the women on dating sites are, surprise surprise, the same women that you meet in non-online places. At a bar, in the supermarket, at your tiddlywinks club. They are the same people.

Generally if a guy can't get to meet anyone it's because his photos are bad, his profile is bad, or his messages suck.

It is, but the window shopping effect comes into play.

And you end up in direct competition with the big time liars who just want to get laid ... and if you are not willing to do that, well ...

• Like 4
It's always intrigued me. "The women on them are X, Y, Z"... well, the women on dating sites are, surprise surprise, the same women that you meet in non-online places. At a bar, in the supermarket, at your tiddlywinks club. They are the same people.

Generally if a guy can't get to meet anyone it's because his photos are bad, his profile is bad, or his messages suck.

Laughable.

Lokin4AReason

from the all the women profile(e), its they that they want to laugh, someone honest, loyal, faithful, blah blah

but the one thing that I have noticed, is that they are super picky .... =0/

how will they find someone if they don't give them a chance ... oh well, their loss not mine =0)

but another thing w/ PoF, it keeps deleting my profile and email ( and I have no clue at why ... ? )

PegNosePete
you end up in direct competition with the big time liars who just want to get laid

They can be spotted a mile off. If you can't make a profile any better than the ONS-ers, well, you might as well give up! It's really not hard.

I met loads. I didn't find them super picky at all. Just normal women.

Useless for needy unattractive men who have very little or no dating/relationship experience or have no success dating irl..

Space Ritual
Seems like dating sites are a complete waste of time for us guys. The women on it seem so picky and will only fall for one guy they deem "perfect". I mean I've had partial success myself you could say, because a few women have asked to meet me and whatever, but most of the time they'll disappear.

I use Zoosk, OKcupid and POF. OKCupid is where I've had most success.

IDK, Serial Killers seem to have pretty good luck on them...lol

Guilty Good Girl

The users of online dating sites have very different agendas. As a woman, I can say that I wouldn't use this feature to find a man, If I was looking for a serious relationship. Unless you live under a rock with very little access to people, you should go where you would find other like people.

Success stories are very few and far between for this type of dating. Multi billion industry but it is a bandwagon just as "diet" trend.

I've heard stats that something like 75% of single people use online.

Obviously such stats should come with a health warning but I would think you are cutting off a useful avenue by electing not to do it.

If it only takes one, you should probably persevere with it. If your results are bad, get new pics up. Try new combos of profile photos etc until little miss lovely bum likes the cut of ya!

SawtoothMars

OLD is very superficial in the opening phase. You HAVE to understand that. Get some photos professionally done! Make you profile seem general and appealing.

Also... women want to be with a guy who has a fun and interesting life. If there is one thing I have learned it's that women will put up with all kinds of insane bad behavior as long as you don't bore them. Heck... I know a party boy who put his GF's head through a wall and cheats constantly. She sticks around because the guy is FUN.

nope, worked great for me....though there is some craziness to sort through for sure.....I met several women, two of which I had shorter term relationships with before I cut it off(neither for "Crazy issues"). And have meet the woman I have been dating over a year now through it......Match and POF here.

Not unless you lie ... a lot.

Or you can decide to not be douchey so you don't have to lie. The problem with lying is that you will get dumped -when- you get busted. It's a matter of time. You just need to be honest and patient. I met my ex (5 years) on POF and my current on OkCupid. Never lied, am patient, and no dick pics. Watch this movie called "crazy, stupid, love" and pay attention to every detail of Ryan Goslings rap.

Basically you talk to women like you would if you already knew them and as if they were standing in front of you. Be polite, say hello, introduce yourself, be funny, be charming, let them open up about themselves and (IMPORTANT--->) be interested in what they say. I usually ask for a meet up on the second-third day of chatting online.

It's a numbers game.

Do NOT:

Use cheesy lines

Tell them "omg ur so hawt!"

Send dick pics(EVER)

Use naked mirror selfies

Put dick picks in your profile

Tell them about how good you are in bed

Tell them about your kinky bedroom fantasies(unless they ask)

Be illiterate.

Email/chat forever.

Take an hour to respond to a message

Send someone 20 messages if they aren't responding

Ask them out on some elaborate first date

You need to man up and meet out somewhere and your timing needs to be on point. There's a narrow window for success you need to figure out from trial and error. There's a science to getting a face to face meet. It's not hard. You just need to be a normal person and act like they are standing in front of you.

It makes it SO much easier when they actually are.

Edited by dpn4u
  • Like 1

I think this ^^^^ is all sensible stuff. Definitely a numbers game.

Though, and I could be wrong, but I do doubt the lads having issues with online dating are putting up or sending dick pics then scratching their heads as to why she didn't reply!

I think this ^^^^ is all sensible stuff. Definitely a numbers game.

Though, and I could be wrong, but I do doubt the lads having issues with online dating are putting up or sending dick pics then scratching their heads as to why she didn't reply!

You never know man. There's an epidemic of stupidity on the part of our sex, over the Internet. I've made it my personal mission to help end it for the good of everyone.

If men meet women whom they can potentially date, regardless of outcome, IMO dating sites aren't useless.

Myself, I found them to be incredibly efficient, since meeting single women in real life was immensely difficult. Dating sites potentially expanded one's locale, in the meeting sense, since one would never meet those women in daily life. I met my exW through such a site and would never had met her in real life since she lived sixty miles away.

If men meet women whom they can potentially date, regardless of outcome, IMO dating sites aren't useless.

Myself, I found them to be incredibly efficient, since meeting single women in real life was immensely difficult. Dating sites potentially expanded one's locale, in the meeting sense, since one would never meet those women in daily life. I met my exW through such a site and would never had met her in real life since she lived sixty miles away.

Ditto. Though this time I shrunk my radius. I HATE moving and long commutes