I feel like a secret

Confusedchica

My BF and I have been on and off for 3 years. He never acknowledges me as his GF anymore. Not to others it really bugs me because on social media he never post ANYTHING about me. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal but he's done it before with other girlfriends just not me. In fact, we broke up once and he got a new gf and he posted things about her. How much he loved her and when they broke up how much he missed her.

On Facebook if I post anything about him he doesn't acknowledge it. He doesn't like the pic or status at all!! Same thing for Instagram. Usually if I tag him in anything on Facebook he untags himself. Now he USED TO years ago when we first started dating he would post things about me as his gf but now nothing. I went out with his friends one time and one of them seemed shocked by me saying I'm his gf he's known him for years and he said "I've never heard of you before". His sister post pics with me in them but never any with him. The one pic his sister did post with him and I she put the caption "my bro and one of his girlfriends".

He posted a video of himself dancing and I commented "looks good babe" he AND his mom liked every comment before and after mine just not mine.

Like literally every comment except mine. Once he posted a pic of his ex and said "when life actually meant something" ??

I caught him cheating once with a girl who works with him. She basically told me she has been around for 2 out the 3 years I was with him. He and I both told her it's over between them and now he claims she stalks him but he has NEVER blocked her ONCE on any social media or her phone number. They still work together so that bugs me. The argument I had with her she told me that I'm only "coveinent" to him and not important and that he keeps me around because I'm an idiot basically.

He comes to my family's functions and everything would he be doing that if he wasn't serious?? Also why doesn't he acknowledge me like he used to before

The writing is on the wall...you are just FWB until you finally get the hint this is pretty much not going anywhere, and you dump him. He is just using you hun....there in no committed relationship here.

• Like 3

I caught him cheating once with a girl who works with him. She basically told me she has been around for 2 out the 3 years I was with him.

Why are you still with him?

• Like 2
  • Author
Confusedchica
The writing is on the wall...you are just FWB until you finally get the hint this is pretty much not going anywhere, and you dump him. He is just using you hun....there in no committed relationship here.

Then why does he come to my family functions?? Like why even make the effort And if that's the case why did he leave my "sounds good babe" comment there for everyone to see including the girl he works with

Yer hanging by a thread if you believe that is enough to establish a committed relationship.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

It sounds to me like he has another girlfriend, or at least another interest. At the very minimum, he doesn't consider you his serious girlfriend. That is evidenced by the previous cheating and his refusal to acknowledge you as his girlfriend.

Why are you hanging on to this?

Then why does he come to my family functions?? Like why even make the effort And if that's the case why did he leave my "sounds good babe" comment there for everyone to see including the girl he works with

Free food? Keep you strung along? He sees you don't really care that he treats you like a 3rd option. Why should he really? He doesn't have to work too hard to get what he really wants from you. You know this, yet continue to let it happen as if nothing is wrong.

No consequences for not acknowledging you. No consequence for cheating. No consequence for disrespecting you. He's actually rewarded with sex from you. Crazy isn't it?

• Like 1

Why are you with this guy? What do you get out of this relationship?

He doesn't call you his girlfriend. He doesn't tell his friends about you. He cheats on you for 2 years. He posts pictures on Facebook of his ex.

This relationship is the total definition of Hell.

It sounds to me like he has another girlfriend, or at least another interest. At the very minimum, he doesn't consider you his serious girlfriend. That is evidenced by the previous cheating and his refusal to acknowledge you as his girlfriend.

Why are you hanging on to this?

I'd say he has another interest too or he is definitely keeping his options open and presenting himself to other women as being footloose & fancy free.. She's deliberately in the back ground. The opening post was cruddy then I get to the bit about him cheating and the co-worker was with him for 2-3 yrs. I wonder if she thought the OP was the OW. He didn't block her on social media because she didn't give him an ultimatum.

OP - You're a really easy going gf that's for sure. Find some who really appreciates that and do yourself a favor and walk.

ok OP why are you so unconfident about yourself ? Is it your face you don't like? Is it your body? What is it that makes you think you can get anyone better?