Is she playing around? Is she for real? emotional cheating?

jamed963456

Hey Everyone,

I dont know where to look for advice about someone I am seeing so I thought I should post here. I don't really know what I should do, to leave early to prevent being hurt badly in the future or to stay and trust this person.

There is a girl I meet before back in February and we were talking a lot and clicked. We were seeing each other really often and she would be really sweet and baked me stuff before and comes to see me at work often back then. We were doing everything a couple would but we didn't have the label. I asked her and she said she didn't want a label yet because she failed a course at school last term and she is on probation at that university so she needs to focus on school until the end of that term (December in about 6 months). I was ok but I still kept my gaurd up.*

There were two things she did that really got me thinking and wanting to stop seeing her so I wouldn't get hurt. The first one was we had a fight (our one and only fight), she got mad at something I said and the day after she went and saw a guy, they both had a thing for each other before me(he is currently trying to get her). The second time which happened last night, she was supposed to go to a big 2 day music festival yesterday with another one of her girl friend but the day 1 of the music festival got cancelled and she was really bummed out, to make matters worst her friend had to go back home leaving her at the hotel by herself. She was very unhappy but later she texted me that that guy who has a thing with each other before is going to spend the night with her there*at the hotel to keep her company since he is going to go to the second day to the music festival with her (and supposed to be with her friend who was sent home).

She keeps reassuring me they are just good friends and she is trying to be honest with me by telling me when they are seeing. I asked her to be honest with me and if she liked him I would back off and try to move on but she says they are just friends. She says it's hard to completely forget about someone so she said maybe she has gotten over him about 95%.

Its just so hard for me to believe because if she actually cared she wouldn't put herself in situations that can cause her to do something she would really regret.

That raises a lot of red flags for me other than that I feel she is a really good person I just don't know about her true motives.

I don't know what would be the best option.

Thanks a lot for reading.

• Author
jamed963456
Sleeping with the ex is cheating.

The thing is she said she wouldn't but honestly who would say they would lmfao. I forgot to mention there are two beds in the hotel room.

Well the thing is also, college peeps sleep with other college peeps all the time, that's just college life. On top of that, it sounds like a long distance relationship because she goes away from college..... plus, many college age girls are not ready for love. I would not take a college girl like this too seriously.... it's likely to end in heartbreak.

Clarence_Boddicker

You're not in a committed exclusive relationship. She can have sex with whomever she wants & is not cheating.

If you want a committed relationship, you will have to find someone else, or wait & hope she decides to turn it into one.

I have like school to focus on, oh I'm bummed about the two day music festival while I'm focusing on school, my just a friend ex wants to cheer me up in a hotel like you know.

Loony tunes.

Yeah she is 95% over him, the other 5% of the time she shags him.

You two are not bf and gf so she can do that. But it's a little insulting to your intelligence saying he's just keeping her company etc. personally I would not have anything to do with her for that reason.

If you want an exclusive relationship you might be better looking elsewhere.

• Author
jamed963456

I decided to just let her go and didn't care. She messaged me a few times and tried calling but I didnt bother picking up or responding I just wanted to move on. She was saying how we really need to talk and stuff but I think the best approach would be just ignore it all and move on.

I agree with what Joseb said, it's insulting for her to think I would believe this crap. She told me she told him they should get some space since she is dating me before the hotel night incident but it seems bs to me since she allowed him to keep her company 1 on 1 at the hotel over night.

• Like 1
I decided to just let her go and didn't care. She messaged me a few times and tried calling but I didnt bother picking up or responding I just wanted to move on. She was saying how we really need to talk and stuff but I think the best approach would be just ignore it all and move on.

I agree with what Joseb said, it's insulting for her to think I would believe this crap. She told me she told him they should get some space since she is dating me before the hotel night incident but it seems bs to me since she allowed him to keep her company 1 on 1 at the hotel over night.

You did the right thing. She was trying to play you like a fool, and you didn't let her. If you'd let her do it, It wouldn't ended there - She would have gotten the message that It's Ok to continues BS you on regular bases.

I also agree with the NC. There's nothing to talk about. Even if she totaly canceled the music festival, It doesn't matter. That's who she is.