In a serious relationship, still checks online dating sites

What do you think? Is there any other purpose for this other than looking for the next best thing?

I personally have never done this, but in my opinion, I think if you're in a serious relationship you wouldn't be active on online dating sites. (I'm not talking about having old profiles you've never bothered deleting, I'm talking about going into profiles regularly, particularly if they're pay sites)

Lois_Griffin

Ahhh yes, the ever-elusive "BBD" - the Bigger, Better Deal.

Anyone you're supposedly dating exclusively who's logging into their PAID dating profile is someone you need to lose.

Real fast.

• Like 1
What do you think? Is there any other purpose for this other than looking for the next best thing?

I personally have never done this, but in my opinion, I think if you're in a serious relationship you wouldn't be active on online dating sites. (I'm not talking about having old profiles you've never bothered deleting, I'm talking about going into profiles regularly, particularly if they're pay sites)

If both people still have their profile on the site and one is checking to see if the other is still using it, what does the one who wasn't checking about that thinking about the other?

I mean how do they each know if the other one wasn't just checking up on them? Maybe they were both just check up on each other . . .

It just may be time for a conversation about the relationship.

People in relationships, serious or not, have no business being on dating sites unless they've had a discussion about boundaries and how it is okay to go on these sites.

See people constantly get this wrong about the relationship: they think there is a special power where you need to say out loud if the relationship is exclusive and if it is not said then people are free to do what they please. It is really the other way around though. If you want to date me, even casually..and still see other people then you need to inform me of that before you engage in any of those actions. That is just how you show respect to another human being. People aren't mind readers.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ahhh yes, the ever-elusive "BBD" - the Bigger, Better Deal.

Anyone you're supposedly dating exclusively who's logging into their PAID dating profile is someone you need to lose.

Real fast.

I agree with this! The excuse I heard was "I just like reading people's profiles. I think they're funny." Haha there are FAR better ways to entertain yourself without paying a hefty amount for it.

I even get browsing on Craigslist personal (now some of those are entertaining) but its one thing reading it, it's another actually posting something in hopes someone will email back.