Crush - am I being creepy or should I go for it?

thats_so_not_cool

I lived across the street from this guy. I found him extremely attractive and the entire time I lived there I never saw him with another female.

Unfortunately, I was in a relationship at the time and could not approach him or speak to him. I always felt a weird vibe though, like maybe he was attracted to me as well but could not speak to me due to obvious reasons.

I have since moved and I am no longer in a relationship. It's been months and I can't stop thinking about this guy. I even had a dream about him.

I put an ad on Craigslist missed connections and I think I found him, but I've yet to say who I am - I'm scared to say so. What if he's like omg, this bitch is crazy -

How do I phrase, "I used to live across the street from you and always found you attractive, but had a boyfriend" without sounding like a total stalker/weirdo/pathetic? He will know who I am, our front doors literally faced each other and we saw each other nearly every day in passing.

Is it too much?

I think most men would be flattered, just say, hey remember me can I buy you a coffee some time? Just keep it easy.

Good luck

• Like 2
How do I phrase, "I used to live across the street from you and always found you attractive, but had a boyfriend" without sounding like a total stalker/weirdo/pathetic? He will know who I am, our front doors literally faced each other and we saw each other nearly every day in passing.

Is it too much?

Nah, what's wrong with that? Do it. :)

Just keep it casual, leave out the "found you attractive" bit and suggest meeting for coffee.

Too much info....keep it simple "Hi I'm Sarah, the girl that lived right across from you, want to meet up for _____?

If a woman was checking me out while she was in a relationship, I wouldn't wonder why she was no longer in that relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to keeping it casual. Leave out the "attractive" word, and say "interesting" or something less intense!

Too much info....keep it simple "Hi I'm Sarah, the girl that lived right across from you, want to meet up for _____?

that sounds like a booty call

Lois_Griffin
I put an ad on Craigslist missed connections and I think I found him, but I've yet to say who I am - I'm scared to say so. What if he's like omg, this bitch is crazy ?

Well, you found some lost soul on Craigslist. I kind of doubt it's your neighbor.

Why don't you use the usual methods to find him like Classmates or Facebook or LinkedIn or Google? Craigslist is SUCH a freakin cesspool.

Before you say another thing, I'd make darned sure this person is who he CLAIMS to be.

that sounds like a booty call

Men only dream that a woman would step up and ask them out for a coffee date.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
thats_so_not_cool

The responder turned out not to be him, but actually someone who ended up knowing both of us from the neighborhood. I asked him to please casually mention me and gauge the reaction. Long story short, we have exchanged #s and speak every day. I am no longer in the area, but contemplating moving back. Apparently he felt the same attraction and is just as shocked as I am that the attraction was mutual.

Very happy that I decided to reach out. :bunny:

• Like 3