Is.." With-holding information " a form of deception ?

Would you consider someone " With-holding Information " as a form of deception ?

For example :

Your bf goes over to his x gf's house and visits her . He avoids telling you that earlier that day he talked to her and planned to go see her. He only admits it later because the thinks you are going to find out anyway.. ( ? )

Or he goes on Internet Dating sites attempting to meet other girls but " with-holds " that from you because he feels you dont need to know ?

Thankfully I am not in this present situation but am curious about some unresolved questions from the past :)

Based on those examples, if you are in a serious, commited relationship, yes, it is deceptive.

did not Nixon decieve the country by withholding info?

of course it is

this is actually how many people lie, by w/h info.

Originally posted by Mary3

Would you consider someone " With-holding Information " as a form of deception ?

Yes, absolutely.

It happened to me a few times with my current boyfriend.

I once called him to find out that his ex was at his place, he'd have probably never told me otherwise.

On another occasion I found a post in a 'sex and relationship forum' where he gave his email address to a girl who was asking for ideas about how to masturbate, saying he'd rather talk about it via email.

(and he had the nerve to get mad at *me* for getting upset :mad: )

On a couple of times I found out accidentally that female friends of his with whom he had crossed lines had been at his place, when he knew I would be upset if he met them anywhere, and I had specifically asked him that they did not set foot in his house and, if he had to meet them for whatever reason, to tell me before he did.

All this happened quite a lot of time ago and I'm still not able, after two years, to totally trust him.

When you DON'T tell someone something with the intent to decieve them regardless of the reason(s) then yeah.. it's a lie or deciet.

Originally posted by Merin

When you DON'T tell someone something with the intent to decieve them regardless of the reason(s) then yeah.. it's a lie or deciet.

And it's even worse when once you have been caught you use the line "but I didn't know you would have a problem with it!!" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Adunaphel

And it's even worse when once you have been caught you use the line "but I didn't know you would have a problem with it!!" :rolleyes:

Amen to that sister.

I actually a guy friend that would say this> "It's not a lie IF you believe it's true" OMG :lmao: whatever!

Originally posted by Merin

I actually a guy friend that would say this> "It's not a lie IF you believe it's true"

Damn dood. People are retarded.

Originally posted by tanbark813

Damn dood. People are retarded.

Sad but true...

And it's even worse when once you have been caught you use the line "but I didn't know you would have a problem with it!!"

Now, THAT I've heard too many times before... that's deceit. darnitttt

what's even worse than that is when someone says

"i didn't tell you because i knew you would get mad"

it's like, oh okay well then thank you for having complete disregard of my feelings TWICE!!!

WTF???!!!

I've heard, "But I didn't think you'd understand", or "I didn't want to hurt you", as though somehow lying to someone won't hurt them. I really don't understand the mindset of people sometimes.

Originally posted by tanbark813

I've heard, "But I didn't think you'd understand", or "I didn't want to hurt you", as though somehow lying to someone won't hurt them. I really don't understand the mindset of people sometimes.

oh i know. "i didn't think you'd understand, and i didn't want to hurt you, but i didn't want to have to worry about you getting in the way of something i wanted so i didn't ask you" is more like it.

effing morons.