What in the world?? Craziness :/

Lindsaycaper

My bf and I broke up about a month or two ago. We haven't been speaking at all. He saw me one day and said that I look beautiful but I ignored his text. he doesn't take being ignored well so I figured he'd do something vengeful. A few nights ago I was extremely intoxicated !! I woke up early the next morning because my phone was getting a notification that he was screenshotting a message I had apparently sent him on snapchat. I immediately panicked and messaged him telling him whatever he's planning on doing with that message to not do and just to leave me alone.

The reason I panicked this way is because in the past he's saved messages I've sent him and showed them to ppl just to prove he's right about whatever argument we were having. I have no clue what that message said because they disappear on snapchat. I know the truth comes out when ur drunk so I'm sure it said something like "I love you" one of his friends was around when he read it and he said I said I want to be with him.

I saw him the next day at an outing. At first he didn't say anything to me. Eventually he approached me and asked me why I freaked out when he screenshotted the message. I asked him what is he trying to do and he said "did u think I was gonna show ppl or something?" And I said I don't want to talk about it and he kept asking if I was afraid that he's gonna show ppl. It confused me because I DID think he was gonna show ppl. I'm lost now because if he actually wasn't then why did he feel the need to save a picture. I don't get what route he's trying to take actually but he kept pressing the issue about why I was freaking out. I've never told him I love him before so maybe that's why. I Dk why you would save a message of a girl saying she loves you if ur broken up

I don't really know how to approach the situation. I wanna be with him but I don't know what to even say to him at this point.

ExpatInItaly

You need to get away from this guy. Him showing other people your messages to get back at you is disturbing and manipulative. Ignore him completely and move on. A guy who actually loves and respects you would never do such a thing. It's a power game to him; it's not because he's in love with you.

• Like 1

He has so little respect for other peoples' privacy it's baffling. I'd also advise you to block him and be mindful what you post in the internet, because everything is saved these days.