Is an online profile considered cheating?

So my boyfriend has an online profile on tagged with his photo and a fake name. A friend of mine alerted me to this so I did a browse on tagged and saw his photo and the fake name. I could not see the full profile as he has it set to private and I am not signed up for tagged. Is this considered cheating? Should I confront him?

• Author

not sure why u are referring to my last post....this is about a different person.

I go by intent - and since it seems he's made effort to have a profile there - he intends to date others.

I guess it's safe to assume you two don't have a commitment that signals you are dating exclusively.

If you have had that agreement and he's going behind your back the it's time to end it.

• Like 1
not sure why u are referring to my last post....this is about a different person.

Because past is prologue.

You do not indicate that this is a new guy. You posted that thread 5 months ago.

How long have you and the new guy been dating? How did you meet?

You've drawn yet another deceitful man into your life in a short amount of time, which means your man-picker hasn't been properly recalibrated from the last guy who was still hung up on the chick he was living with while seeing you. That is why that post was referenced.

Sorry - it was a frame-of-reference research to see where you have been in the past. There was no way to know that this new boyfriend (of less than five months, obviously) was not the same one.

In that regard, since it is a *new* relationship, my initial thought remains: A guy in a good, solid, committed relationship does not need an online profile whatsoever. He is a player or at least looking to play around.

• Like 1

It's hard to say if it's cheating, as you have not indicated that you two have declared exclusivity and commitment to one another. You may say he's your boyfriend, but he's certainly acting as if he hasn't come to that same understanding with you. He's acting as if you are one of many options and he's keeping them open.

Sure you can confront him. See where it gets you. He may apologize or he may push back and hide his tracks better and keep on doing what he's doing. You know right now that he's not on the same page with you and chances are, he's not going to get there because a man who is totally into you acts like it and he doesn't leave a sloppy trail for your girls to find and tell you. His actions would be consistent with what he's saying to you.

d0nnivain

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .

Having a profile is not cheating but it is evidence he is seeking other partners.

How do you know the name he gave you is real vs he gave you the fake name & the one on the tag is real?

The fact that he has a fake profile itself is problematic. What else is he misrepresenting & to whom?

ascendotum
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .

Having a profile is not cheating but it is evidence he is seeking other partners.

How do you know the name he gave you is real vs he gave you the fake name & the one on the tag is real?

The fact that he has a fake profile itself is problematic. What else is he misrepresenting & to whom?

Quack! She busted him. I'm assuming this profile is active and not something he had put up months ago before she came along. If its active he's fishing for stuff on the side or her replacement or he could even try say it was for validation. He may not have slept with anyone but for me its as good as if I found this on a gf.

Who uses their real name on a OLD profile...Its all nicknames? If she met him on OLD then it only makes sense that he using a new moniker and photo to avoid detection. Seems quite a few people on OLD are cheaters. Its a risky move, as while your gf/bf likely wont be online searching, her/your friends, family & co-workers might be.

Edited by ascendotum

It just means he is keeping his options open and by no means is he serious with you.