Hello, I have this BF who is really nice, and gorgeous. He came from a culture where alcohol is porhipited. He well understands that I have nothing to do with his beliefs, so basically I don't ask him to drink, and he doesn't ask me to stop drinking, the thing is although he doesn't ask me to stop he asked me not to drink while we are together, or mention that I have done it. It makes him really uncomfortable. I think it's not a big deal, so on our dates we have juices, or soda.

The problem is sometimes when I party on weekends or when I meet my friends, there are some pics show me doing shots, or having a beer on my side of the table ( it means I was drinking). Those pics are usually posted on Facebook, and I get tagged, and since my BF is on my friends list he can see them. He never showed his feeling, but I can tell that on next day when we meet I can notice his sadness.

As his gf I really care about his feeling, but I can do nothing about it

What I should do, please guide me...

It will begin with your drinking.

Then it will be what clothes you wear.

Then it will be the people you associate with.

Then it will be the way you speak.

Seriously, thats what will happen.

Eject.

• Like 4

It seems like he would prefer if you don't drink at all despite what he says. I had this friend who also dated this girl who always drank while he came from a culture that prohibted alcohol.

You could try blocking your tagged photos from his view so that he doesn't have to see them or you could stop drinking while you are with him.

• Like 1
  • Author
It will begin with your drinking.

Then it will be what clothes you wear.

Then it will be the people you associate with.

Then it will be the way you speak.

Seriously, thats what will happen.

Eject.

We have been dating for 3 years, and none of this sequence has happened

There is a setting on Facebook that you have to approve the picture/tagging before it appears on your wall. I have eell known friends in radio that use this. I work with kids/families so I use this.

That way your man can't see.

• Like 3
PegNosePete

Tell him to love you the way you are, or not at all.

He needs to get over his issue. Don't make changes to your lifestyle or even your facebook settings just because he has a problem. You're doing nothing wrong here.

• Like 1

After 3 years this should not really be issue. He hasn`t said anything? So i wouldnt worry so much.

Your bf needs to date someone who doesn't drink. Even the one non-drinker I dated didn't care if I drank in front of him. I didn't get wasted in front of him but having a couple beers or whatever was no big deal. I would sit down and have a legit discussion about his thoughts on drinking....sounds like he doesn't want you to drink at all and you do want to be able to drink (totally fine) so maybe you just aren't compatible long term.

Also, you can change your FB so people can't tag you, but that's just putting a band-aid on the actual problem, which is how your bf views you drinking at ALL.

PegNosePete
2 users 1 username got problem with that?!

It's certainly not a good idea if you want to be taken seriously and get any meaningful advice.

This site is free to use, there's on reason to share a username with someone else.

• Like 1

First, if someone points a camera at you, move away from the alcohol. All my friends know not to take pictures of me drinking. Also ask them not to tag you. Do it yourself if you like the picture but otherwise no.

Second, set your social media so that you must approve all tags. Decline the unflattering ones.

Most importantly take a look at your habits. If you are drinking too much, cut down.

2 users 1 username got problem with that?!

So the two users are a single guy and a girl with a boyfriend, right?

Is the girl's boyfriend ok with you two sharing an account on a relationship site?

You know, there is an interesting factoid about alcohol - the bacteria in your intestines ( and everyone else's) produces around an ounce of alcohol every day as a waste produce of food fermentation.

Yes, my friends, you *can* brew beer in your stomach. Look up Auto-brewery Syndrome. :)

So the two users are a single guy and a girl with a boyfriend, right?

Is the girl's boyfriend ok with you two sharing an account on a relationship site?

And they both end their first posts with "please guide me".

Hilarious

• Like 1

I guess it depends on the kind of photos. If it is just pictures of you drinking I see no problem. If it is like..pictures of dudes doing jello shots off your stomach or something, yeah I can see the problem if you're going out and getting wasted every weekend around a bunch of other dudes and stuff.

Michelle ma Belle

This seems simple to me. Stop taking pictures of yourself whilst drinking!

What is with your generation and the need to document every moment of your life and posting it online for everyone to see?

If you can't seem to refrain from doing even this, reset your settings on Facebook so you're hiding your secret-single behavior from your boyfriend :p