Am I just stupid?!

123outtamyway

Well I posted here earlier about "girlfriend" hanging with other guys....

Turns out "We are feeling each other out, and see if we are compatible" stage!

I'm "Mr. I thought I had a girlfriend" over here....

I ate crow over my concerns and accepted this...for now...

Am I being played? She was totally clueless over my concerns and I was enlightened over our relationship status..

Am I wasting my time?

She seems sincere...and we are straight forward....but I don't want to get hurt here either.

Anyone want to chime in would be appreciated...

• Author
123outtamyway

Me and her..not her and the other dudes...

She said she made it pretty clear she isn't interested in them and told them so...and are JUST FRIENDS.

Do you think I should stick it out and find out if we truly have something here...I'm thinking if we do, the other guys will fade out.

She is totally worth the trouble, but I say "trouble" as dealing with this "feeling out period"

I read your other thread and have two big questions:

How old are you two and how long have you been seeing each other?

You state, "I'm Mr. I thought I had a girlfriend over here...." but did you think so without having he discussion with her about exclusivity?

I have this distinct feeling you are both fairly young and are still figuring out the groundworks of establishing the language of relationships and ground rules that are involved.

Not only is she "feeling you out" but she is feeling these other guys out as well. She is keeping her options open.

As for the guys fading out, like that will never happen. What girl would give up so much attention? So if you want to wait around while she gives you crumbs that's up to you.

• Like 2
DrReplyInRhymes

If you want to lock her down, then tell her as much.

It's pretty hard to misunderstand a point blank request as such,

If she says she doesn't know, or wants to keep playing the field,

Then simply give her what she wants, date as many as you can wield.

I don't know if you are being played but you are on totally different pages. You think she's your GF. She does not think you are her BF. She probably can't decide if she wants you to be her BF or him. Make the choice simple for her; bow out.

• Like 1
Space Ritual

Am I being played? She was totally clueless over my concerns and I was enlightened over our relationship status..

Am I wasting my time?

She seems sincere...and we are straight forward....but I don't want to get hurt here either.

"Seems" is not "IS" young man....

RUN FORREST! RUN!

• Like 2

Am I wasting my time?

Another red flag man, are there any more?! How long have you been dating before you assumed she was your "gf"? How old is she? Just friends = I want to hang out and see if I like them better......sh*t test you see how you handle it.

Edited by Price2Play
Cut ties with this girl, her heads' everywhere and it most definitely isn't focused on just one person.

I agree with this. If she was into you she would not be exploring other options. Move on.

• Like 1

This is completely unsurprising.. It highlight's the brutal competitive nature of men, who often times will go out of their way for even the most plain Jane. Put yourself in a women's shoes. If a women is getting hit on several times a day, then all she must do is seek out the best available option; I.e. the best looking guy, with the most muscles, most money, highest social status. It took years for my thick skull to accept these cold hard facts