He likes his female colleague???

You must have read my older posts so naturally you know about my BF.

He has recently joined a new show and is opposite an established actress who is around 30 and knows very high society/famous people.

He has been shooting for a month now, met the actress and till now the actress opposite him never even bothered about him.

She never followed him on any social accounts, nor did he.

Just 24 hours before the show's launch on TV, they started following each other on Instagram. My boyfriend never follows his female co actors, he only follows his male friends and a couple of famous actresses or singers.

Of late he had been regularly appearing on Whatsapp in the middle of the night, 1-2am and these actresses also stay up at the same time on twitter/instagram.

Does it mean he likes her all of a sudden that they started following each other? in the middle of the night/early morning?

He posted pictures with the younger actress on his IG at the screening, though did not follow her an now hes following the older actress on IG, all of a sudden.

Is this related to his show??? , because he was not connected to any of the actors/people working in the show and this actress is rumoured to be starring opposite him.

He's trying to establish contact to get noticed. So far you didn't post anything that makes me believe he's trying to date any of them - although the fact that he's hiding his family from the public eye remains the elephant in the room, understandably. But if you turn your concern or even jealousy off for a second you'll likely have to admit that it's young bachelor types of guys that make it in the business, not the caring father head of a family.

You need connections if you want to get far in this kind of business. The family of a friend of mine for example sets up the stage for shows like this and does the technic fuzz (lights etc), so he too has regular contact to some of my countries most popular actors, comedians, show masters... the list is endless and it's necessary for the money. Showbusiness demands extra effort, that's why many singers don't have a private life to speak of during a world tour etc.

• Author
He's trying to establish contact to get noticed. So far you didn't post anything that makes me believe he's trying to date any of them - although the fact that he's hiding his family from the public eye remains the elephant in the room, understandably. But if you turn your concern or even jealousy off for a second you'll likely have to admit that it's young bachelor types of guys that make it in the business, not the caring father head of a family.

You need connections if you want to get far in this kind of business. The family of a friend of mine for example sets up the stage for shows like this and does the technic fuzz (lights etc), so he too has regular contact to some of my countries most popular actors, comedians, show masters... the list is endless and it's necessary for the money. Showbusiness demands extra effort, that's why many singers don't have a private life to speak of during a world tour etc.

But hes already noticed. And hes the most famous out of all.his co stars

I feel like it's really common for co-stars on a TV show to follow each other on the various social media apps and to interact with each other about the show for the benefit of their audience.

• Like 1

YOU have posted this before, what has really changed?

He is an actor, he has co stars, he is the leading man, he will be kissing them.

He will have to get all the publicity he can and so will they.

Accept it or dump him.

• Like 5

Nothing has changed and he's still not going to acknowledge you in public while he is a working actor. We've long ago figured this out for you... no new information is going to change our advice.

And like the saying "you can never be too rich or too thin...", "you can never have too many fans", especially when you work in show business, hence him interacting with his costars on IG, Twitter, etc. This is business; it's not personal.

• Like 2
  • Author

It is weird that they followed each other just 18 hours before their show was going on air.

But its weird how he did not follow the actress with whom he posted the pics with even though she follows him and instead chose the other one to follow.

It is weird that they followed each other just 18 hours before their show was going on air.

But its weird how he did not follow the actress with whom he posted the pics with even though she follows him and instead chose the other one to follow.

What is weird about it?

and why are you snooping?

Does it matter who he follows?

He works with her in the flesh...

ExpatInItaly

Yeah, I think he likes her. Dump him already.

• Author
What is weird about it?

and why are you snooping?

Does it matter who he follows?

He works with her in the flesh...

Its weird bcoz he nevet really interacts with his female colleagues.

I mean he does talk to them but does not go to the extent of following them unless he becomes friends with them.

He never followed his female colleagues before and all of sudden started posting pics with other & following the second one.

Its weird bcoz he nevet really interacts with his female colleagues.

I mean he does talk to them but does not go to the extent of following them unless he becomes friends with them.

He never followed his female colleagues before and all of sudden started posting pics with other & following the second one.

Well, he must like them enough to make this effort.

And it's business; it's not personal.

You must have read my older posts so naturally you know about my BF.

He has recently joined a new show and is opposite an established actress who is around 30 and knows very high society/famous people.

He has been shooting for a month now, met the actress and till now the actress opposite him never even bothered about him.

She never followed him on any social accounts, nor did he.

Just 24 hours before the show's launch on TV, they started following each other on Instagram. My boyfriend never follows his female co actors, he only follows his male friends and a couple of famous actresses or singers.

Of late he had been regularly appearing on Whatsapp in the middle of the night, 1-2am and these actresses also stay up at the same time on twitter/instagram.

Does it mean he likes her all of a sudden that they started following each other? in the middle of the night/early morning?

He posted pictures with the younger actress on his IG at the screening, though did not follow her an now hes following the older actress on IG, all of a sudden.

Is this related to his show??? , because he was not connected to any of the actors/people working in the show and this actress is rumoured to be starring opposite him.

He didn't follow her before but now he actually knows her as she is on the same show and as you say "He has recently joined a new show and is opposite an established actress who is around 30 and knows very high society/famous people." is telling..

He is following her to network and she is probably doing the same. He is an up and coming young actor, she doesn't want to miss the boat, if his rise is going to be meteoric.

I am sorry but you come across as being a bit dense, this has been explained and explained to you, why are you still asking?

This actress may fall in love with all her co-stars, she may be a method actress and needs to feel the connection if she is playing alongside him. They may need to rehearse or feed off or support each other for work, she may just be a very friendly person, or they know lots of people in common, and simply love the gossip, who knows?

BUT the fact is if he was a shelf stacker in a supermarket, he may still encounter beautiful girls at his work, we all need to eat, so you have to have a degree of trust and if you honestly do not trust him then leave him.

But he doesn't have a family does he? He is a single man with no children is this correct?

OP I think he has a crush on her. Sorry.

• Author
But he doesn't have a family does he? He is a single man with no children is this correct?

OP I think he has a crush on her. Sorry.

how you think he has a crush?

• Author
He didn't follow her before but now he actually knows her as she is on the same show and as you say "He has recently joined a new show and is opposite an established actress who is around 30 and knows very high society/famous people." is telling..

He is following her to network and she is probably doing the same. He is an up and coming young actor, she doesn't want to miss the boat, if his rise is going to be meteoric.

I am sorry but you come across as being a bit dense, this has been explained and explained to you, why are you still asking?

This actress may fall in love with all her co-stars, she may be a method actress and needs to feel the connection if she is playing alongside him. They may need to rehearse or feed off or support each other for work, she may just be a very friendly person, or they know lots of people in common, and simply love the gossip, who knows?

BUT the fact is if he was a shelf stacker in a supermarket, he may still encounter beautiful girls at his work, we all need to eat, so you have to have a degree of trust and if you honestly do not trust him then leave him.

They have working for a month now, together, but why followed just 18 hours before the show?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

You all know my story so I not going deep in that. So I have learnt to live hidden and I am somehow coping with it but a new woman has entered our lives.

He is doing a show and has a met his co actress who is around his age. Though they have been working together for 10 weeks , they did not have much interaction until 3 weeks ago and later both of them started following each other on Instagram.

This was peculiar for my boyfriend because he has never (at least since I ve known him ) has never followed any of his co actresses. But he did with this one. Secondly, now he has also started taking photos with her.

He has become very friendly with her. She knows very famous actors and is really close friends with the famous actors. Has really high connections and is a party person. Basically a high profile society queen.

(My BF is an introvert, rarely mixes with people, but with this colleague who is his immediate worker, with whom he has most amount of work with)

Lately he has started chatting a lot on social sites ever since he has become friendly with his female colleague.

I am assuming he speaks to her though I am not sure because this behaviour has been prevalent ever since I have known him.

Also, when she was out of town for 1 day, for promoting the show, and he was coming a lot on Whatsapp but when she returned he stopped coming online frequently.

He did not message much to me but was coming ever half an hour which irked to me.

Once she posted the same pictures he posted of them, just 1 hour after he posted those photos.

But on some nights, he's offline in midnight while she comes on twitter/instagram daily, at midnight.

I told him I don't like this and he said she's just another co worker and only a friend. He also said he felt awkward sitting quiet for hours while shooting with her and so started talking.

He has told he is "married" on radio , said in press and even to a reputed newspaper. When we are not yet married

If he is interested in this colleague, how will he manage to keep it hidden? because she's an artist, she is famous herself, knows very famous people and he has been claiming since a year that he is married to a non industry girl????

I am having serious doubts. I feel he is secretly seeing her though I am not really sure.

My boyfriend is very ambitious and a little greedy. He only cares about his career, takes up any offer where he's offered lead roles and this girl is friends with a very famous actor (who happens to be my boyfriend's favourite) and his family, esp his sister and he is known for launching new faces (though mostly females)

I don't know what his intentions are but my boyfriend never really makes friends so easily as he did with this actress after finding out her connections.

What do you think? Is this suspicious?

• Like 1
elaine567

My boyfriend is very ambitious and a little greedy. He only cares about his career, takes up any offer where he's offered lead roles and this girl is friends with a very famous actor (who happens to be my boyfriend's favourite) and his family, esp his sister and he is known for launching new faces (though mostly females)

I don't know what his intentions are but my boyfriend never really makes friends so easily as he did with this actress after finding out her connections.

It's called networking, Luna1.

• Like 2
whatatangledweb

I agree that he is networking. She could help him with his career.

GirlStillStrong

This is your relationship and you need to trust your instincts. No one else can tell you what is going on in your relationship. The only way to find out is to wait and see what happens. Get busy distracting yourself from what he is doing.

Hope Shimmers

Actually not everyone knows your story. Lots of people post stories here; it's impossible to read and remember them all.

Sounds to me like he is interested in her. Sounds like you believe that also, so you will have to decide what to do next.

• Like 1
Bittersweetie

Luna, if you're talking about the entertainment industry, which I think you are, then pretty much all jobs are gotten through people you know. From admin assistants all the way up to producers/lead actors. He may see an opportunity here to get his name and face in front of people who can help him not only find more jobs, but meet other people, who will provide access to even more jobs. That's networking.

That being said, if you feel it is more than that, or it is making you uncomfortable, you have to decide how to move forward. The project has an end date, right? I imagine once they are not seeing each other every day, contact will wane. Maybe wait until then and then monitor the situation.

• Like 1
still_an_Angel

You may need to do more research and gather evidence, he might just be furthering his career and setting up contacts through her. In their industry, a lot of what's presented in the media is not exactly what is happening in their real lives.