My boyfriend likes another girl and I'm jelious but dont know why....................

Babygurlnot4u

[font=century gothic][/font][color=blue][/color]

My boyfriend told me he likes this girl at school who is a cheerleader and she is skinny skinny like she is skinny'er then me! and im skinny and well she is taken and all but he is like really into her but he told me I have nothing to worrie about cause he loves me...right well, then Why am I so jelious that he likes her.. I mean I know she don't like him.. but he likes her and it makes me mad...I guess...

Some one please help me understand why I am so jelious.....PLEASE.....

thanks,

Brittani .S. Age 14 1/2

girls age 15 girls name (Jessica Johnson)

boyfriends age 14 1/2 boyfriends name(Joshua)

My boyfriend told me he likes this girl at school

If he is dating you why would he like someone else? Why would he even tell you that?

who is a cheerleader and she is skinny skinny like she is skinny'er then me! and im skinny

Does your boyfriend like really skinny girls?

I'm wondering two things:

(1) Why on earth is your boyfriend dating *you* when he prefers some other girl? (No offense to you at all; but, if he has feelings for another girl, then he doesn't need to be dating you.)

(2) Why on earth do you feel you should *not* be jealous? Your *boyfriend* has just told you that he's interested in someone else -- if that isn't grounds to be jealous, I don't know what is!

My advice? Dump him and go find someone who likes you and *only* you.

• 3 weeks later...
misspinkjellybean

i've been going out with this guy for about 4 years and today he told me that he liked this other girl but just a tiny bit... thats b.s!! i'm so jelous and i really don't kno what to do b/c she is prettyer then me and i guess nicer..... i'm starting to hate guys!

from a different point of view here...and some of you may hate me...but

I like other guys, i mean it is normal to like guys ya know? Telling you mightened be the best idea, but i know that the reason i have told my boyfriend that i like someone else or i think that they are really hot is because i feel bad and guility as i feel i should only like my boyfriend but you gotta realise that it is natural to like other people, like your boyfriend said as long as he loves you and wants you, you have nothing to worry about! I love my boyfriend and only want him but it doesnt stop me from liking other people. It is naturally. As long as your still number 1

• 1 month later...

:mad: why isnt you bf thinking of you or does he think its the right thing likeing other girls.

why is he with you yet looking around

why does he tell you is it to score pts

if thats how he likes things, play him at his own game u start it even if you dnt like that person in paticular.

Context is key here. In what way does he like this other girl? Is it just that he finds her interesting, or is it something more sexual? Relention was right to a point. It is normal to like other people. Most people are very social creatures. You like your friends. You like your SO's friends. But if that "liking" goes beyond friendship, even momentarily, something is wrong.

By that I mean if he fantasizes about her, or wonders what it would be like to be with her... Well then something is amiss. My girlfriend tells me about other guys she thinks are hot... but then she compares them to me and how they can't even try to get into the same league. And she is also quick to point out that these guys are also a*holes.

So that's a little different than your situation. In this... have you you told him about how disturbed you are by his references to her? If you talk to him about this and nothing changes, you may need to seriously take a look at your situation. If on the other hand, he apologizes and you believe him, then you know he really does love you. Love is about sacrifice. It has to be on both sides.

Hope that helps at least a little.

of course you're jealouse, he's told you he likes another girl! whether or not it's just b/c he thinks she's attractive (which is normal, for sure, we all look) he should consider keeping that information to himself. who likes to hear that their sig other likes someone else?

i would also suggest finding out what "likes" means...does he just think that she looks good, or he likes her likes her and wants to get with her. just remember that you need to take care of yourself, and being in a relationship where you're unhappy b/c of jealousy and how he reacts to other girls is probably not what you're looking for.

good luck

Your jealousy may indicate something else lingering in your mind. Since you're 14.5 years old there is always that lingering that most highschool relationships don't last forever. Even though this girl is taken and not interested, you are worried that he may take off for the next girl that catches his eye. You need to talk to him about how these comments about another girl are making you feel. You need to tell him that even though you know guys look, doesn't mean he has to recount each look to you. You will learn that most is harmless and you'll prefer he keeps it to himself.

Good Luck