What are the characteristics of a serial cheater ?

JohnsonBaby

We can all agree is need for attention ,but what else pushes people to cheat in every single relationship they re in?

Edited by JohnsonBaby
We can all agree is need of attention for starters ,but what else ? What pushes someone to be a serial cheater and by this I mean someone who cheats in every single relationship .

Serial cheaters do not have characteristics because they don't have Character. The completely lack character, in fact, and that's one way to identify them. The lack of character is what allows them to be a serial cheater.

If you don't know a persons relationship history, you can identify a serial cheater by observing how they treat you. One of the biggest indicators is that the relationship is TOO GOOD -- he lavishes you with gifts for no reason, he says everything just right, but doesn't behave according to his words.

If he's chased you and worked hard at it, he won't be able to keep up the relationship because he only knows how to chase. So when he gets what he wants, he'll chase someone else.

Most of his friends are women. He's evasive with answers or his story changes often. He has a long history of short-term relationships.

Most of these things are true for female serial cheaters. They often have narcissistic traits as well.

• Like 3
  • Author
JohnsonBaby
Serial cheaters do not have characteristics because they don't have Character. The completely lack character, in fact, and that's one way to identify them. The lack of character is what allows them to be a serial cheater.

If you don't know a persons relationship history, you can identify a serial cheater by observing how they treat you. One of the biggest indicators is that the relationship is TOO GOOD -- he lavishes you with gifts for no reason, he says everything just right, but doesn't behave according to his words.

If he's chased you and worked hard at it, he won't be able to keep up the relationship because he only knows how to chase. So when he gets what he wants, he'll chase someone else.

Most of his friends are women. He's evasive with answers or his story changes often. He has a long history of short-term relationships.

Most of these things are true for female serial cheaters. They often have narcissistic traits as well.

This is very helpful ,however what do you mean exactly by lack of character ?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

A lot of it's just ego gratification. They want constant validation that they are desirable. Better balanced guys don't need that that bad to jeopardize relationships over and over for it.

• Like 1
Friskyone4u

Johnson

The person who can answer that question accurately will make a trillion dollars.

There's a long list of possible reasons

Family childhood issues

Narcissism

Self Esteem Issues

Bi Polar Issues

Sexual Addition

The list could go on and on

But they all lack respect for the relationship and lack the ability to control their actions

And past behavior is a good predictor of future action.

If you are involved with a serial cheater the best thing to do is get out of the relationship . Too many people spend months and years in false R because they cannot get themselves out of the denial stage.

• Like 2

this is very true. sociopaths really. i had a gf that would imitate me, but then i saw a change in her and noticed she started to imitate her "guy friends". i said to her during a conversation that" i knew already", implying that she had lost interest. she took it as me saying that i knew she slept with the guy and said, " how do you know?" she seemed so innocent. but was a pathological lier. had self esteem issues, history of depression and i never though that she would turn out how she did. is it messed up that im still in love with her? i dont want to be.

What makes them cheat? Well, my ex gf was doing her boss. She told me she broke up with the bf she had before me because he "accused her of ___ing her boss". I shoulda broken up with her right then. I found out the hard way she was indeed seeing her boss. I am sure sure she does this with every relationship. Relationships that are all probably fairly short. She was a sociopath and a good liar. The thing with her is, she probably wanted to have a relationship but could not because if she ever stopped screwing her boss she felt her job would be in jeopardy. So, she looks for guys that she feels will never figure it out. To have a 'relationship', while screwing her boss and hoping her bf/husband, etc. never figures it out.

I think the biggest predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Just look at their past, were they a cheater? You are what you do, not what you say, think or feel. If some has cheated more than once, they are a serial cheater.

The other big give away is are they self centered, selfish and have a sense of entitlement. Do they always have an excuse for why they broke some rule or did something selfish. Do rules apply to other people but they always have a justification of why they broke some rule or did something dishonest.

Also look at how they view and treat people. Do they treat everyone as an equal or do they look down on some people and treat them as inferior. Do they have a sense that they are "better" than other people and that their own needs are more important than other peoples needs,

Conversely do they think that some people are "better" than themselves and are jealous and envious of the status that other people have. Do they always have a sense of wanting "more." Ambition is often seen as a positive trait but it can also have a dark side. Someone who is constantly wanting "more" will soon want someone better looking and more social status.

• Like 1