Nice Boss, Flirtatious Boss, or what?

Do you think my boss is attracted to me?

I am 23, he is 46. Sometimes we have Starbucks time after 5pm and it's always him who pays. We can share our personal life without barriers. We talk as we are friends, not boss and employee. Sometimes he calls me "baby" and "my honey". He once said "sweet dream, goodnite". Even when he was in another country for business trip, he gave pictures update everyday. Everytime he back from business trip, he always says long time no see me. He made a nickname for me that now almost everyone at my floor calls me with that nickname. He always teaches me if I can't understand something, like 2-4 hours, even though he is very busy. He told me not to wear short skirt if I came home late from office. My friends at office say that we look as a couple and make a joke that he is my boyfriend or I am his wife.

What do you think? Is he just trying to be nice to employee?

He is over stepping his boundaries as a boss because he using his female employees as a dating pool which is totally unprofession and creepy. You are young and may not get this but you are setting yourself up to all kinds of trouble.

And don't think for one min those comments are cute. There is whispering of ridicule behind your back in that office. You are the hot gossip around the water cooler....you are being made a fool of.

If you decide to date, and things go sour, you will be on the unemployment line. So if you want to keep your job, and the respect of your fellow co-workers, back off with the meet ups outside the office, and restrict your interaction with him during work. You truly don't want that rep of f ing the boss.

• Like 4

I am 23, he is 46. Sometimes we have Starbucks time after 5pm and it's always him who pays. We can share our personal life without barriers. We talk as we are friends, not boss and employee. Sometimes he calls me "baby" and "my honey". He once said "sweet dream, goodnite". Even when he was in another country for business trip, he gave pictures update everyday. Everytime he back from business trip, he always says long time no see me. He made a nickname for me that now almost everyone at my floor calls me with that nickname. He always teaches me if I can't understand something, like 2-4 hours, even though he is very busy. He told me not to wear short skirt if I came home late from office. My friends at office say that we look as a couple and make a joke that he is my boyfriend or I am his wife.

He seems VERY nice. In fact, I bet if you wanted, he would even let you **** his **** and put his **** in your *****.

(By that I mean "taste his Venti latte" and "put his straw in your Frappuccino." :p)

Is the boss married?

• Like 1

"Baby" and "honey" are wholly inappropriate things for a boss to call a subordinate in the work place. Comments on the length of your skirt, beyond that is too short for work & violates our dress code, please go home with out pay & change are inappropriate.

A boss paying when the team or parts of it are out is acceptable because it's either getting expensed back to the company or the boss makes more money.

The fact that co-workers liken you to a romantic couple, indicates that they see how your interactions with this boss have exceeded the normal employer / employee interactions. If they resent that, it could undermine the whole team.

• Like 3

He wants you very much but if he has brain he knows that sleeping with his employe is against the law, and can put him in a weak position in life.

If he is also married, he probably has some fences to cross, and in addition he doesn't want to hurt you.

But yes, he is attracted to you and he fantasizes about you.

• Like 1
  • Author

One thing for sure is that we won't step into "sleeping" level. He once said he was afraid of gossip thus he never drives me home even though we often go home after 8pm, that's why he told me to not wear short skirt at night to show his care.

After his business trip, he gave me big chocolate while others only get small chocolates (1 big package contains a lot of small chocolates).

I assume it's only favoritism. Am I wrong reading these signals?

• Like 1
One thing for sure is that we won't step into "sleeping" level. He once said he was afraid of gossip thus he never drives me home even though we often go home after 8pm, that's why he told me to not wear short skirt at night to show his care.

After his business trip, he gave me big chocolate while others only get small chocolates (1 big package contains a lot of small chocolates).

I assume it's only favoritism. Am I wrong reading these signals?

You are extremely naive. Yes, it's favoritism but it's favoritism driven by the fact that he wants to have an inappropriate sexual relationship with you. Even though he said he's afraid of the gossip, eventually it won't stop him. He didn't tell you not to wear a short skirt because he cares. He commented because he doesn't want other men lusting after you; he thinks you belong to him.

• Like 3

Yes he is attracted to you and will probably get fired over it, then hate you. It is obvious that you have a huge crush on him.

• Like 2

He's a predator and atm he is conditioning you, making your believe he's just being innocent and caring. He's being a creepy jerk.

• Like 3
Why does the OP refuse to say if her boss is single or married?

Who cares? He's giving her the BIG chocolates, after all :p

• Like 4
Why does the OP refuse to say if her boss is single or married?

Because more than likely he is a married man and she's embarassed to say.

JohnsonBaby
He's a predator and atm he is conditioning you, making your believe he's just being innocent and caring. He's being a creepy jerk.

This^^ ..he's manipulating you into thinking he s caring and harmless.

Dotm let him fool you ,he wants to get in your pants ,end of story.