Reluctant to talk about personal life?? WHY?

I know someone who is acts really odd whenever he is asked about his personal life especially love life, he is reluctant to discuss it.

Or will lie about it.

He is single but will say lies like he is married or won't answer truthfully. He even tells his colleagues to tell girls that he is married when he is NOT.

He will tell about his family, parents, siblings, his home town, his goals, his friends and even that he washes his underwear, but when it comes to love life, he is either reluctant to talk about it or will start lying.

Its not about privacy because if people start acting like him then all engaged or married people wouldn't discuss their marital status and would pretend to be bachelors or maidens.

There are lots of people who do not talk much about their personal life but at least they do say whether they are single, married or in a relationship.

He's a a bachelor but publicly lied to his crazy teenage girl followers that he is married.

Later on he said he does not want to discuss his personal life. But 3 months later, while on a show in Bali, he told the pretty female hosts that he is single.

He shows off a lot in front of females, loves female attention and is flirty towards pretty females. Excluding the pretty ladies who are his colleagues, because he only talks to select few people and stays in his own world.

Why would anyone do this? He is 33 and still unmarried.

PegNosePete
He's a a bachelor but publicly lied to his crazy teenage girl followers that he is married.

Well that is quite an efficient way of getting rid of attention from "crazy teenage girl followers", that are harassing him, but he is not interested in (due to the fact that they are teenagers maybe!!).

Later on he said he does not want to discuss his personal life.

And why should he? He's under no obligation.

3 months later, while on a show in Bali, he told the pretty female hosts that he is single.

Maybe because they are pretty female hosts??

He shows off a lot in front of females, loves female attention and is flirty towards pretty females. Excluding the pretty ladies who are his colleagues

That is called having proper work boundaries?? He isn't interested in dating his work colleagues so why would he show off in front of them, flirt or love their attention?

It all seems pretty rational to me. I'm not sure what your problem (or angle) is here.

At the very least you know he's lying constantly. That alone should be enough for you to know that this guy has serious issues and to keep him at arm's length.

Ya everyone is right, he's in a spot light he's going to attract the unwanted that could possibly hurt his reputation or doesn't want to deal with that crap. I think most in his position would lie too or at best keep their private life private.

He will tell about his family, parents, siblings, his home town, his goals, his friends and even that he washes his underwear, but when it comes to love life, he is either reluctant to talk about it or will start lying.

red flag.

let go.

Since you know this about him don't ask him about his personal life. He sounds like a goodlooking guy who uses the "I'm married" to ward off unwanted women. I know goodlooking women who do the same thing.

Oh, now I see from your previous threads that this guy is your bf and doesn't want anyone to know he's attached. Yes it is a red flag that he is open and available to other women. What are you going to do?

why? is this red flag?

he's a liar - as simple as that.

instead of saying = no, thanks; i'm not interested!, he is lying about being married & having a girlfriend? bad sign.

He's an attention whore. If you don't like what is going on, get rid of the problem....breakup with him.