what do i do about my girlfriend kissing her ex-boyfriend?

So about 2 months after me and my girlfriend started dating my girlfriend decides to meet up with her ex. Their relationship last almost two years. She does this to bring closure to whatever they had and move on. In the conversation, my girlfriend tells him that its over. the ex is upset and in the end tells her "youll always be my girl" and then proceeds to kiss her. My girlfriend tells me that she was taken by surprised but didnt do anything to stop him or avoid the kiss. Now, during our whole relationship i have asked her over and over again if she had contacted or met up with her ex since we started dating. We have been dating 6 months now and it wasnt until today that i caught her lie about seeing him almost 4 months ago and kissing him. ALl this time shes been telling me that she hasnt seen him once since we started dating or even talked to him. she tried to cover it up but i was able to get her to confess to it. how do i handle this situation?

So about 2 months after me and my girlfriend started dating my girlfriend decides to meet up with her ex. Their relationship last almost two years. She does this to bring closure to whatever they had and move on. In the conversation, my girlfriend tells him that its over. the ex is upset and in the end tells her "youll always be my girl" and then proceeds to kiss her. My girlfriend tells me that she was taken by surprised but didnt do anything to stop him or avoid the kiss. Now, during our whole relationship i have asked her over and over again if she had contacted or met up with her ex since we started dating. We have been dating 6 months now and it wasnt until today that i caught her lie about seeing him almost 4 months ago and kissing him. ALl this time shes been telling me that she hasnt seen him once since we started dating or even talked to him. she tried to cover it up but i was able to get her to confess to it. how do i handle this situation?

So you got with this girl knowing that you are a rebound? Why would you continue to do the bold? To get the truth right & now you have it! Sounds like she's sick of hearing you grill her about her ex. Where's your confidence, she's with YOU not the ex! Red flag yes, white lie yes, to protect you from the truth that now has caused you pain. Hate to break it to you but your brought this on to yourself.

Dump her or forgive her.......make your choice.

Edited by Price2Play
  • Like 1
Friskyone4u

Tell her she can kiss him any time she wants and find a new girlfriend. And by the way don't be so sure all she did was kiss him.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Ditch her. She isn't honest and doesn't respect you or your relationship. She shouldn't need a closure and help moving on after she has entered a new relationship.

PegNosePete

She has been lying to you about this for 4 months. What else has she been lying about? How can you ever know for sure?

Lying is a dealbreaker for me. You will never be able to trust her. I would dump her.

Wait a minute. If he kissed her & she just stood there, I think there is a little room here for forgiveness.

Yes it would have been better if she told you then but if it really was a kiss good bye there maybe something to save here.

PegNosePete
If he kissed her & she just stood there, I think there is a little room here for forgiveness.

If you believe that she was "taken by surprise and just stood there" while her ex kissed her, then I have a bridge to sell you. And if that is true, why lie about it?

You had been seeing this girl for 2 months and THEN after dating you for 2 whole months, she tells the ex that it is all over?

This is not just about her kissing the ex or the ex kissing her. Why on earth was she dating you for 2 months BEFORE she brought closure to her 2 year relationship?

He was obviously clueless, otherwise why was he so upset?

She then lied to you about seeing him and kissing him.

You may or may not forgive her here, but you have to realise that her behaviour raises a red flag.

Do not be surprised if you are also the poor sucker, who thinks they are still in a relationship, whilst she dates others looking for your replacement.

What did you know about her relationship with her ex when you first began dating her? Had she just broken up with him? Did you ask any questions about where she was with this guy, or did you just charge forward in this relationship?

Was she alone, by herself, for any length of time before your relationship with her began? Because from what it sounds like, she wasn't done with that guy and you are the rebound relationship, and those never work out.

There really isn't anything to handle here. End things with her and next time, ask questions about where the girl is, emotionally, with her ex--if there is any more closure she feel needs to happen before she can move forward. Make clear to her then and there your intolerance for ex's and her need to get closure from them or to meet up with them because that will put you in the wind and you will leave them where they stand.

If you believe that she was "taken by surprise and just stood there" while her ex kissed her, then I have a bridge to sell you. And if that is true, why lie about it?

People lie about this stuff all the time. They don't know how to tell the other person because they don't want to hurt somebody's feelings, because they don't do confrontation . .. a whole host of reasons. Doesn't justify it but can explain it.

All I'm saying is one good bye kiss IMO does not necessarily merit a knee jerk break up. It does require a conversation but on the grand cheating scale, this is hardly the worst offense out there.