Mixed signals? Just curious...

First post, here goes nothing. About a week and a half ago I was at the gym late at night and there was only 1 other person (a cute guy I had seen before a few times but never had any contact with) on the floor I was on. In a nutshell, I thought I saw him turning around several times in my direction but I didn’t pay much attention. Later though, when I was stretching in the area he was in, I looked up to see him staring at me in the mirror. He didn’t look away when our eyes met or smile or anything, just kept staring back at me for a few seconds until I got unnerved and looked away. We passed each other on the stairs later and said good night to each other, and that was it. This kind of piqued my interest.

The same thing happened a few days later, as in I looked up in the gym to see him staring and again he continued until I looked away.

Finally, yesterday when I looked up in the gym to see him looking at me again, he smiled and waved in response instead of just staring. I smiled back, and he smiled at me again less than 10 minutes later. For some reason his gaze makes me more shy than usual though (it’s intense), and I’m always the first to break eye contact.

Today though, he has quite purposely avoided making eye contact with me even when I walked near him twice to pick up some gym equipment he was standing right next to. I thought before today he definitely seemed interested (to some extent) so that clearly threw me off. I’m not sure if he’s playing the mixed signals game, or if he’s mirroring the fact that I might seem uninterested since I haven’t really reciprocated his actions aside from smiling back since I’m a bit shy. Obviously there could be a million other reasons, but just want some opinions!

Oh girl you need to strike when the iron is hot. Your first mistake was that you didn't acknowledge him being there when you entered. Your next mistake was that you should have smiled at him when he was checkin you out. Next you should have make eye contact on the stairs. The guy was trying to "get" your signals. And since you ignored him until the end, he thought you probably just did it to be nice. You blew it.

You want a man to desire you, you need to be desirable, and make strong eye contact, smile, wink, flirt. You need to step it up.

So ya you answered it right...you don't recipocate, that tells any guy "No not interested". He isn't going to waste his time, he's moved on.

• Like 1

I agree with Smackie. You blew it. You acted like you weren't interested.

Your best bet is when you see him next, put down the barbell and go up to him and introduce yourself and see where it goes from there. If his interest returns, it will be obvious. If he acts disinterested, then the ship has sailed.

• Like 1