Dating in Toronto, Canada...I should move to Mexico!?!

DatingDirection

For other Torontonian single females out there, maybe you can relate, or am I just delusional. I find myself invisible to the opposite sex. People in the city, i find to be jaded, and depressed. Blame it on the weather, but honestly, even in the summer i feel invisible walking down the street. In fact, the only time chivalry is shown, is by men over the age of 65! What is going on here? I get noticed by older men, and thugs. Not by men who I actually would like to notice me. I'm not too sure what to do to get noticed, and respected for that matter as well. I do find Toronto men are passive, and when they are not passive, they are flat out, rude, and egotistic. Perhaps women are too, im not sure. Am i the only one who has observed this? Bottom line is, im 31 years old, i haven't been in a relationship for 3 years. I haven't really tried on line dating, i much prefer to meet someone in a natural setting, and a realistic setting. I've been told that if i lived in Central or South America, i would have 10 boyfriends all chasing me. So why not in Toronto, Canada? I'm not a size 2, or a size 8 for that matter, i do have curves, but by no means, am i fat...just not a stick.

Maybe you're throwing a bad vibe since you seem to talk badly about the people there.

It cannot be everyone else, you know?

• Like 3

I'm from Toronto too (though I moved abroad two years ago) and I'm 33. I disagree with your generalization of men there. I met plenty of lovely guys, who were far from rude and egotistical. Where are you meeting them? What type of approach are you using? I don't think moving to a different country to have men chasing you is wise. Reflect on yourself first an see what sort of attitude and vibe you might be projecting. Because the common denominator is you.

• Like 2
LoveRefreshed
For other Torontonian single females out there, maybe you can relate, or am I just delusional. I find myself invisible to the opposite sex. People in the city, i find to be jaded, and depressed. Blame it on the weather, but honestly, even in the summer i feel invisible walking down the street. In fact, the only time chivalry is shown, is by men over the age of 65! What is going on here? I get noticed by older men, and thugs. Not by men who I actually would like to notice me. I'm not too sure what to do to get noticed, and respected for that matter as well. I do find Toronto men are passive, and when they are not passive, they are flat out, rude, and egotistic. Perhaps women are too, im not sure. Am i the only one who has observed this? Bottom line is, im 31 years old, i haven't been in a relationship for 3 years. I haven't really tried on line dating, i much prefer to meet someone in a natural setting, and a realistic setting. I've been told that if i lived in Central or South America, i would have 10 boyfriends all chasing me. So why not in Toronto, Canada? I'm not a size 2, or a size 8 for that matter, i do have curves, but by no means, am i fat...just not a stick.

We all know this one. Maybe your expectations are too high, or maybe you just haven't met the right one. I agree with not online dating :D

Is it really the case that no one is giving you attention, or they guy is just too short/nice/fat/etc?

• Author
DatingDirection
I'm from Toronto too (though I moved abroad two years ago) and I'm 33. I disagree with your generalization of men there. I met plenty of lovely guys, who were far from rude and egotistical. Where are you meeting them? What type of approach are you using? I don't think moving to a different country to have men chasing you is wise. Reflect on yourself first an see what sort of attitude and vibe you might be projecting. Because the common denominator is you.

I was being a bit sarcastic, and funny, by saying maybe I should move to Mexico. I was pointing out that I've heard many people say, men in Canada, especially Toronto, don't approach women as much as men do in places like Central and South America.

• Author
DatingDirection
I was being a bit sarcastic, and funny, by saying maybe I should move to Mexico. I was pointing out that I've heard many people say, men in Canada, especially Toronto, don't approach women as much as men do in places like Central and South America.

Also, perhaps that is the point, i don't go out much, like at all. There is another challenge i guess. I need to make more friends, that are like minded and want to go to the places i want to go to.

I am in Montreal. This winter is long and cold and it's affecting everyone's mood. Also, with the online phenomenon people don't really approach each other in public places. 75% of singles are online so if you are not willing to give it a try you are leaving aside a big part of the singles community.

• Like 1
Also, perhaps that is the point, i don't go out much, like at all. There is another challenge i guess. I need to make more friends, that are like minded and want to go to the places i want to go to.

Therein lies your problem.

If you aren't doing OLD, there are no single men in your house so what are you hoping to accomplish by staying in.

When I decided I wanted to get serious about love & marriage, I made it a point to go out at least 1x per week to meet new people. In a city like Toronto, I have to imagine there are tons of options: MeetUps, singles events, specialty singles events (I looked at one where I could bring my dog; one where I was matched to play golf & one where we went to a wine dinner -- do what interests you), and lots of volunteer opportunities. Take control of your own life. It will also give you the confidence to get the respect you claim to be seeking in your other thread.

don't approach women as much as men do in places like Central and South America.

You do know that those men aren't faithful, right? Latin american men have a terrible reputation.

Yes you need to go out more and widen your circle of friends.

I live in London but once i met a guy from Toronto and he was so funny witty and sexy i thought to move to Canada that night. lol

maybe we should swap places for a while and see how it'll go here for U ;)

• Like 2

You can still go on a dating site, eventually you'll have to meet the person "in a real setting" anyway. Why limit your choices?

• Author
DatingDirection
You can still go on a dating site, eventually you'll have to meet the person "in a real setting" anyway. Why limit your choices?

I guess I could go shopping for a boyfriend. Oh please! If people would just be real and authentic, and if men would be men, and not hide behind a computer to get a date, then I wouldn't have to still go shopping for a boyfriend online. (Sorry but I just had to say this, nothing directly related to you)