Shaky relationship because of her friends...

I'll try not to drivel on for too long so let's get straight to it...

Well I've known this girl for years now and for years I saw her as one of my best mates, but more like a sister - around 6months ago I started developing feelings for her but I said nothing, partly because she had a boyfriend and partly because I didn't want to mess up our friendship.

Well about 4 months ago she broke up with her boyfriend (she said she just faded away from him) and then a few weeks after that her friends kept asking me if I liked her etc. I kept suggesting that was insane and played it off as a joke but eventually I gave in and said yes. That's when it became really interesting...

I'm not going to lie, I'm a very flirtatious guy by nature and without trying to sound pretentious I do okay with girls so have a reputation of being a ladies man - I just see myself as friendly tbh. But essentially because of her mates not trusting me because of my reputation and one of them having asked me out and me having said no she just didn't understand why I liked her - she said she wasn't my 'type' whatever that meant. This sorta carried on for a while but I decided to become more committed because I genuinely do really REALLY Like this girl to the point that I'm falling in love with her. shes always been good friends with me but finds it difficult to tell me how she feels and plays things off as if she doesn't care, but regardless a few weeks ago I asked Her out and said that I understood that she doesn't trust me but that I'd work for her trust and Im trying so hard to do just that.

But it hasn't been easy. She had just as many guy friends as girls which I'm fine with as is always had more friends who are girls anyway - but one thing bothers me, she says that her ex-boyfriend who has told her he still likes her is supposedly her 'best mate' which baffles me. I let it go at first but all this guy seems to do is try and break us up - he hates me regardless of the fact that he's only ever met me once about a year ago. All of her girl mates seem to like me although one of them ia just a bit jealous (her words).

I find it hard to deal with the fact that she doesn't really tell me what she yhinks is wrong with us and instead discusses it with her guy mates - in fact one of her close girl mates even told me that her ex who is also get best mate convinced her to break up with me, she is just scared that I'm going to get bored of her or something of that nature - it was only after her other girl mates convinced her not to that apparently she decided to remain in it relationship.

Anyway I'm just really confused, I love this girl and can't get over her but she just doesn't trust me and certain things she does bother ME, it doesn't help that I only get to see her once a week for the next few

Months either - I don't know what sort of replies I'm expecting but maybe some advise on how we can work this out and whether I'm right or not in being I guess annoyed at her mates.

Thanks

evanescentworld

You guys are still in school, right?

Ugh... so much drama....

Walk away and quit dating people in such a limited circle.

You get no privacy, no fidelity and no intimacy.

people gossip, back-chat and spread rumours.

This is just too ridiculous...

Walk away, now, and find someone else to date, that doesn't involve this group.

• Like 1