Married man has a crush on me but doesn't date me

I think my married dentist is sexually attracted to me. He always calls me beautiful, looks deep into my eyes with sparkling eyes, makes playful touches and sexual undertones.

Now I can't get him out of my mind. A few weeks ago, I have started flirting back, but nothing happens. He doesn't make a move.

My question is : why does he flirt straightforward with me if he has no intention of taking it to the next level ? (I don't thkink it's a question of ethics because his behavior is already inapropriate).

I must mention that my husband and him were acquaintances a very long time ago and that we have a friend in common.

Please women and men here, enlighten me because this situation is driving me crazy.

Sorry for my poor english.

My married doctor is a whore and flirts with everybody. He's even slept with a lot of his patients.

As one woman, a patient of his, put it, "who better to cheat on my husband with than a doctor? they know anatomy"

She was out of shape and not very attractive. Seeing and hearing her made all of his advancements towards me seem a whole less flattering in about an instant.

LadyLuck2014
I think my married dentist is sexually attracted to me. He always calls me beautiful, looks deep into my eyes with sparkling eyes, makes playful touches and sexual undertones.

Now I can't get him out of my mind. A few weeks ago, I have started flirting back, but nothing happens. He doesn't make a move.

My question is : why does he flirt straightforward with me if he has no intention of taking it to the next level ? (I don't thkink it's a question of ethics because his behavior is already inapropriate).

I must mention that my husband and him were acquaintances a very long time ago and that we have a friend in common.

Please women and men here, enlighten me because this situation is driving me crazy.

What's driving you crazy - that you're so pitifully gullible that you actually believe this guy 'likes' you? He sees you as a piece of ass and a captive audience when you're in his chair. Don't doubt for a second he's probably doing this to MOST of the women who are unfortunate enough to mistake this piece of sh*t as a medical professional.

Gosh, there's nothing more flattering than some mouth breather abusing his professional privileges to practice medicine in order to get into a woman's pants.

Jesus - is this really rocket science?

• Like 4

Some people are born flirts, they flirt with everyone, do not think you are particularly special, especially if he has no interest when you flirt back.

I have worked with people like this, they flirt with men and women, old ladies, old men, children. It is called charmisma and some are entirely unaware of the effect they can have.

Also many people are afraid of dentists, so many dentists have developed extra friendly people skills, smiles and touches which are meant to reassure and relax the patient

As he doesn't flirt back when you are flirty, then I suggest you are misinterpreting his twinkly eyes, smiley face and friendly bedside manner.

What sexual undertones? Can you give an example?

• Like 1

Flirting doesn't violate his marital vows. Cheating does.

He's flirty but he knows where the lines are drawn. Also dating a patient can cost him his license.

Why would you think that he would risk both his marriage & his practice for you?

Perhaps get a new dentist.

• Author

Thank you all for your replies.

- Elaine567 : I don't think he has friendly bedside manner, I would call him crude' actually. Here are some examples of innuendos.

Once, he was about to do my root canal when I said something like "I don't want to do that now" and he replied "we can do something else if you want" with a naughty grin.

When I don't open my mouth enough he says "can't you open wider ? You worry me. Don't tell me that"... and he leaves the words hanging.

Last week, he was walking behind me and he asked my weight and the size of my pants with his lustful look.

At last, I would like to specify that he seems to show interest when I flirt back . He becomes bolder in his touches and build a kind of intimacy between us. When I say that nothing happens, I mean no concrete actions (ask for my number, date...).

Thank you for reading me.

TigerLilly78
He's MARRIED. That's why.

Ta da! there you go there is a big difference between flirting and cheating after all..why do you want to start a affair anyways you have a husband yourself?

• Like 1

If his actions & comments are making you uncomfortable tell him to stop. If he doesn't get a new doctor.

TigerLilly78

- Elaine567 : I don't think he has friendly bedside manner, I would call him crude' actually. Here are some examples of innuendos.

Once, he was about to do my root canal when I said something like "I don't want to do that now" and he replied "we can do something else if you want" with a naughty grin.

When I don't open my mouth enough he says "can't you open wider ? You worry me. Don't tell me that"... and he leaves the words hanging.

Last week, he was walking behind me and he asked my weight and the size of my pants with his lustful look.

At last, I would like to specify that he seems to show interest when I flirt back . He becomes bolder in his touches and build a kind of intimacy between us. When I say that nothing happens, I mean no concrete actions (ask for my number, date...).

Report him to the medical board and then get a new dentist problem solved..

whichwayisup

And you find that..Attractive? That crassness and sexual lust? That's not flattering, it's a married dentist that's acting TOTALLY inappropriate and UNPROFESSIONAL. Yuck! It's insulting and gross the way he's coming on to you, like he's a dirty dog looking to get laid.

Don't fool yourself into thinking you're special and you're the only one he does that with! I'm sure he does this to other female patients.

If I were you I'd find another dentist ASAP and never go back. And tell your H what a creepy unprofessional dentist you have.... Make yourself STOP having a crush on him. It's all based on sexual lust and ego feeds.

• Like 4

Made my skin crawl. :sick:

OP, are extra-marital relations commonplace in your culture? I ask because in some cultures such interactions are common and you mentioned your English, so I supposed ESL situation.

As far as the dentist, only time will tell. Does he flirt with his staff and other patients when you're around him? Or just you? How does his female staff act around him, like the hygienists or dental assistants?

BeholdtheMan
A few weeks ago, I have started flirting back

Why are you flirting back? You're married, he's married.

, but nothing happens.

Do you want something to happen?

• Author

"And you find that..Attractive? That crassness and sexual lust? That's not flattering, it's a married dentist that's acting TOTALLY inappropriate and UNPROFESSIONAL. Yuck! It's insulting and gross the way he's coming on to you, like he's a dirty dog looking to get laid.

Don't fool yourself into thinking you're special and you're the only one he does that with! I'm sure he does this to other female patients."

=========

It's not his comments that I find attractive. I'd rather say that despite his words I find him attractive because he can also be tactful when he talks with his suave voice and looks into my eyes without saying a word.

And when he phones our common friend before our appointment to tell him he is going to see me, I hope that maybe I am special for him.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Delineate quotes
Lernaean_Hydra
It's not his comments that I find attractive. I'd rather say that despite his words I find him attractive because he can also be tactful when he talks with his suave voice and looks into my eyes without saying a word.

And when he phones our common friend before our appointment to tell him he is going to see me, I hope that maybe I am special for him.

Why? Why would being "special" to your married dentist do for you? What would that even entail? Quick sex in the dental chair when the hygienist is steps out? :sick:

I've been flirted with married men before and it means nothing. Some guys just get a kick out of flirting/being flirted with and knowing other women still find them sexually attractive, but they don't plan to act on it. And the ones that do are, well, cheaters and they're generally pretty gross.

I'd also really like to know why you're at the dentist's office so much anyway?

• Like 1
  • Author
OP, are extra-marital relations commonplace in your culture? I ask because in some cultures such interactions are common and you mentioned your English, so I supposed ESL situation.

As far as the dentist, only time will tell. Does he flirt with his staff and other patients when you're around him? Or just you? How does his female staff act around him, like the hygienists or dental assistants?

Overseas, we have a reputation for being flirts and cheaters.

He is very professional and polite with his female assistant but I don't know how he acts with others female patients. I tend to believe that he plays the same game because sometimes he is gross with me when the assistant is around and she doesn't seem to care.

You aren't special for him. If he acts like this with you, he acts like this with everyone.

• Like 2
whichwayisup

Why do you need to feel special and validated by your married dentist? This is totally ego driven and a need for you to have attention by men that you can't have. Dig down deep and think why that is..

Your husband should be enough.

It's good that you feel guilt. That hopefully will make you realize lusting and flirting with a MM, let alone your dentist is going to lead you down a pathway that will cause your husband (and yourself, his wife) pain and heartache.

Why do you need to feel special and validated by your married dentist?

I'm a flirty girl & it can be a kick to be flirted with by the professionals in your life doctor, dentist, lawyer whatever. It is an ego boost when these accomplished men smile at you. But it's a temporary fake sort of thing that doesn't mean much beyond the confines of that very minute. When you start fantasizing that it's more than a passing thing, it becomes a problem.