Cheating boyfriend...

I've found out that my boyfriend constantly tries to meet/sleep with other women...he doesn't know that I know. I just want to get out, but I'm contemplating, with myself, whether or not to let him know that I know what he's been doing behind my back. Would it be better just to say that this relationship isn't working for me - why provide the reason? I feel that if I told him that I "caught" him, it'd be only to make myself "feel better", to look more "superior", and more witty than him. Can someone please give me a "break up" text or something? I mentally can't even put anything together. I just want to say I'm done with you - I want no revenge, I don't wish you bad, I forgive you - my philosophy is: kill them with kindness. Being mean and telling him to go F himself won't make me feel any better and it won't undo what has been done...

You had good ideas given to you in your past thread. I am not sure why you're investing this much mental gymnastics in telling a cheater off.

You think he's sitting there stressing about what you think and feel? Nope.

So stop investing anymore time trying to come up with the perfect ending. There isn't one.

• Like 1

How you get out isn't as important as the fact that you get out. Which of those scenarios is going to give you the most closure? Which one will help you hold your head up in the future?

For me it would be a quiet disclosure as I walk away. Bear in mind that if you tell him why he will deny it & try to talk you out of it promising to change, blah, blah, blah.

• Like 1

Say that you're into monogamous relationships without cheating involved and a little goodbye at the end and done. Anything that saves you time and energy, really. You wasted enough on him already.

• Like 1

Don't mention at all that you know about what he's doing. It would be much more deflating and hurtful to him if he thinks you're breaking up with him because you're just no longer interested in him. Just say something like, "I'm really sorry but this relationship isn't working out for me and I want to end it." No matter how much he will say he wants the truth, don't tell him. Just consistently tell him that you're no longer interested him him, that you no longer feel anything for him, etc. And I wouldn't let him drag out the conversation. End it as fast as you can.

Btw, if you break up with him by text, this is pretty dismissive and could win you the reputation of being a person who does this all the time. Just meet with him either at his place or a public place and end it.

Edited by bathtub-row

"I found out about what you've been doing behind my back. Do not contact me, because I'm not interested in anything you might want to say. Don't wait for me to contact you, because I never will. Don't hope for reconciliation, because that will never happen. Goodbye."

Then Delete, block, and forget.

Edited by Satu
  • Like 1