Cheated or not?

My boyfriend went out with his friends one night, got drunk, and came into my work afterwards with lipstick kisses on both cheeks, his forehead and a circle or lipstick around his mouth (as if he's been snogging someone). He has told me the girls he was out with we're messing about, one of them kissed him on the cheek and he grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips. So he has admitted that but I worry that how could he have that much lipstick around his mouth from just a peck/kiss. He does kiss his male friends in a jokey way when he is drunk so I could see him doing that, but there was far too much on there for what was apparently a kiss. I love him and I want to be with him I'm just struggling to get over it, I trusted him 100% but now have doubts as this has happened to me before with an ex (the lipstick around the mouth) and he had be snogging someone else. y boyfriend told me when we spoke about it that he had forgotten they had even put lipstick on his face, and why would he come and meet me if he's been with someone else, but he's an idiot when he's drunk and I don't know if he would. He's been cheated on before and has always said it's the worst thing to happen to you and he would never do it. But when I try to talk about it he says he's told me he didn't , why don't I believe or trust him? I want to believe it I really do. Apart from giving it time does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this horrible image out me head as I'm pretty upset about it all.

IMO, presuming you feel such behavior is inappropriate, he skated the line, with a clear departure into cheating territory being if he had cleaned up the lipstick, made no mention of any activities and denied any stories to the contrary.

Personally, I'd take this opportunity to clarify what 'cheating' means to each of you and define appropriate and agreed-upon boundaries. If unable to agree or compromise, then this issue could become a deal-breaker, as perspectives surrounding fidelity are integral to intimate relationships.

Welcome to LS :)

• Like 1

Red flag. You've been warned. Don't hang around with this guy and then wonder months later why it didn't work out, you are being told right now it wont. The guy kissed other girls and had no issue coming to your work and not bothering to even clean up and hide it. That's a big issue. He kisses other guys in a joking way too.............hmmm. Alright, none of my business but other than joking around on the cheek or not I have never kissed another man on the lips in my life, if that is what you mean. I don't know, this is a major red flag among other things.

• Like 1

Have a fresh look at this guy. Make sure that you see what he really is, rather than seeing what you want him to be.

Make sure that the reality matches the dream.

If it doesn't, you need to do some serious thinking.