What do I do in a situation like this?

My friend (Jessica) got a fairly new boyfriend. He seems to be in love with her because he makes a point of it. He wanted me to go with him to the mall because I am close to Jessica and he thought I would know what she likes. Well....it was a very awkward outing with him. He asked me to hold his hand, I said "No that's ok." He said "Uh....like friends!" I said "We can be friends without holding hands."

Then when we were in stores, he told store clerks that he was "buying for his girlfriend", and pointed at me. I didn't know what to do other than walk away. Then when his friend called him he said "I'm with my girl..(pause)...my girlfriend...(pause), whatever she is" Then he said "I think I am the hottest guy in this mall, and I think you are the hottest girl in this mall!" I laughed and said "Oh my! You are so ridiculous!".

Now I don't what to do in terms of telling my friend or not? Or if he was just being weird? I won't go out with him alone, it just makes things awkward now. He seems like he is so in love with my friend, I don't understand why he would do that. It makes me think he is a manipulator. I don't know what to do in a situation like this? I maybe over-reacting. Tell me what you think? Advice? Thank you!

DrReplyInRhymes
My friend (Jessica) got a fairly new boyfriend. He seems to be in love with her because he makes a point of it. He wanted me to go with him to the mall because I am close to Jessica and he thought I would know what she likes. Well....it was a very awkward outing with him. He asked me to hold his hand, I said "No that's ok." He said "Uh....like friends!" I said "We can be friends without holding hands."

Then when we were in stores, he told store clerks that he was "buying for his girlfriend", and pointed at me. I didn't know what to do other than walk away. Then when his friend called him he said "I'm with my girl..(pause)...my girlfriend...(pause), whatever she is" Then he said "I think I am the hottest guy in this mall, and I think you are the hottest girl in this mall!" I laughed and said "Oh my! You are so ridiculous!".

Now I don't what to do in terms of telling my friend or not? Or if he was just being weird? I won't go out with him alone, it just makes things awkward now. He seems like he is so in love with my friend, I don't understand why he would do that. It makes me think he is a manipulator. I don't know what to do in a situation like this? I maybe over-reacting. Tell me what you think? Advice? Thank you!

I think you already know the answer to this question,

but for the sake of your request, I shall join this advice session,

This guy isn't in love with your friend, I think that's clear as day,

and yes, tell your friend about this because its in no-way ok.

• Like 1
  • Author
I think you already know the answer to this question,

but for the sake of your request, I shall join this advice session,

This guy isn't in love with your friend, I think that's clear as day,

and yes, tell your friend about this because its in no-way ok.

I really don't know what to do because I am afraid if I tell her, she'll blame me. I am afraid if I don't tell her that he'll think it's ok to just keep doing this, and then she'll be mad at me because eventually she'll find out or something? It's iffy with girls. It can go one way, or it can go another. I was just seeing if anyone had some good advice to give me on a situation like this because I don't know if I should let it go or not? Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.

• Author
he sounds autistic

LOL. I think there is something mentally wrong with him. I am thinking a personality disorder, he seems like a major manipulator.

DrReplyInRhymes
LOL. I think there is something mentally wrong with him. I am thinking a personality disorder, he seems like a major manipulator.

Or just completely confused and thinking you were his girlfriend? Do you have a twin?

• Like 1

I think you should absolutely tell your friend. You could preface the conversation by saying something like, "You know I very much value our friendship, and I think you need to know..." and just describe his behavior as you have here. I think you have made it clear here that his behavior is not acceptable to you, and I would think your friend should be able to see that also.

Hopefully your friend will dump this narcissistic loser.

• Like 1

Tell your friend. If you don't and she finds out, that's going to come back to bite you in a very bad way.

And don't hang out with him at all anymore. He's a jerk.

• Like 1
  • Author
You really need to get new friends. Everyone around you seems non-normal.

Lol, yeah! But he is not even my friend. I am friends with his girlfriend. I don't know why he acted like that, he is a weird one.