Co-worker Confusion?!

I've been at my new job for a few months and the Christmas party has just recently passed. We were all very drunk and I got chatting to one of my co-workers and we ended up sitting together for the whole night chatting and drinking together, pretty much in our own little world. He did make physical contact once and that was just stroking the back of my head but I was too drunk to really say anything. The next morning he added me on facebook and followed me on twitter and all this showed me that he has a girlfriend.

On Monday morning I got an email from him saying that he owed me lunch (after a bet we made at the party) and asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him for a cigarette and maybe to buy me lunch. We have been going out to lunch together every day since, usually for a wander and a smoke for half an hour or so. Every morning he emails me and we end up emailing back and forth throughout the whole day whenever we get a free moment. After work, if I send out a tweet he will favourite a few of them every few hours as well.

Could anyone make light of this situation please? He is just over a year and a half younger than me (I'm 20) so I'm not sure whether it's just a 'young guy' thing, but I'd quite like to know what people make of this situation as I find it very strange. We get along really well and it's nice to have a friend at work like that but I don't know what to do because of the girlfriend situation! Does anyone have any inkling about what his intentions are?