Girlfriend got drunk and cheated and lied

My girlfriend got drunk at a party with her friends the last night and texted me this morning saying she was hungover at a friends house. I asked her if anything happened last night that i should be worried about and she said nothing happened. i asked her again and she said she madeout with a guy. after that, she tried covering up by saying she was joking and asked why i dont believe her. I told her my past and that a girl has done this to me before and she tried to play it cool saying its happened to her too. after all that she confessed she madeout with him and tried to apologize.

tbh i dont know what to do, its happened to me before and now its happened again.

Break up with her and stop dating girls that get drunk.

Why weren't you invited? How long has your relationship been going on?

• Like 6
  • Author

our relationship has been going on for about 3 months now. i dont date drunk girls. this is the first time she told me she went out and drank

Edit: i was invited but i got done working out for the day and was tired. i told her she can go out with her friends but told her not to do anything stupid because i trust her.

told her not to do anything stupid because i trust her.

If you trusted her, you wouldn't need to say this.

Break up with her if you are still new. If this is a one time thing in a long term relationship, ask yourself if you can rebuild that trust, if not, break up with her.

• Like 3
leavesonautumn

There's nothing else for you to do but break up with her. She clearly doesn't have any respect for you and even joked about it.

• Like 4

Break up with her. Telling someone in a relationship that you made out with someone else and later on say it was a "joke" is not in good taste.

Classy broad.

Ditch her.

• Like 2

Cheater and liar (although those two usually go hand in hand anyway) - it's only been 3 months for her to show you her true colors, what are you waiting for?

• Like 3

You trusted her, let her go out with your friends, she couldn't even last one night.

You're breaking up because, she does not respect you enough not to cheat. You let it go now you're setting yourself up for the rest of the relationship, always checking up on her, wondering what she's up to alone, wondering if she's tell the truth about where she's been.

You know of girls that are hard to get? The kind of pretty girls you'd have to move heaven and earth just to talk to? You step out on one of those that's your chance gone for good.

Be the male version of that. One that demands respect and when not shown respect simply says goodbye, you're not worth my time.

• Like 3
HeartbrokenNewbie

But what if she was joking? It was certainly in bad taste but what if it was just a joke?! Is it worth throwing it away... god I made a stupid joke once and gosh did I pay for the repurcussions... I wish Id never said it but it was just a joke and if I could have taken it back I would have done... has she just put her foot in her mouth rather than actually done anything wrong...

But what if she was joking? It was certainly in bad taste but what if it was just a joke?! Is it worth throwing it away... god I made a stupid joke once and gosh did I pay for the repurcussions... I wish Id never said it but it was just a joke and if I could have taken it back I would have done... has she just put her foot in her mouth rather than actually done anything wrong...

You just said after all that she admitted to it and tried to apologize....

Stop being a doormat, and just breakup with her already.

Tip: stop dating immature girls, try for someone your age or a little older, that have their head on straight.

• Like 4

She cheated on you only 3 months in lol if you don't break up with her when she cheats again just know that its what you signed up for because you know this is how she is now.

changchewsoon

One thing I do notice is that cheating and lying often comes in a packaged deal, and I think you got yourself a winner there.

You know what you need to do.

• Like 1

Everyone knows it's not the kind of joke you make to the person you are seeing. Especially not by text!

I'm sorry this happened to you but if you let this one go, it could happen again.

Move on. She is clearly not worth it.

First time she is out without you and she cheats, friend, she is very poor girlfriend material. No excuse is worth a second chance when your just 3 months into your relationship, what will she do to you after a year when the newness of the relationship has cooled down?

Yea happened to me before too. Do yourself a favor and get rid of her. Sadly, from my experience I've learned not to let a woman's tears deter me from kicking that ass to the curb. Everyone is spot on here. If she can't be trusted in the beginning, what happens when you guys have an argument or you go out of town. I wish I had known about LS when I was in a relationship. Definitely too early in the relationship to deal with foolishness.

Yeah, dude. That's not something you joke about. Things happened and it's better you find out now at only three months rather than two years in.

• Like 1

You want to believe she was joking for these reasons:

1) you like regular sex with her & if you break up you have to find a new girlfriend.

2) it's a little humiliating for your girl to boff someone behind your back. Oh, and the chances all she did was "make out" are very, very low. It's likely she did more than that.

Here's the thing: why put yourself through all of this drama? She wasn't joking and you damn well know it. But, really, its ok. She's young and is not ready for a serious relationship. You both learned something and it's time to move forward with your young lives.

Sorry for your loss.

What loss? If people want to use their bodies for experiments on STDs, you should do that in a university or clinic where any test results or observations might be of use for science. Not with a 3rd-class-party-girl.

• Like 1
just broke up with her. thanks everyone for the advice. i appreciate it

U deserve a faithful and trustworthy girl -she was non of that.

it will hurt for a while but you soon realize you dodged a bullet

:)

What loss? If people want to use their bodies for experiments on STDs, you should do that in a university or clinic where any test results or observations might be of use for science. Not with a 3rd-class-party-girl.

He still has feelings for her, doesn't matter what the circumstances or what you think, a relationship ended.

• Like 2