Still.....that ups guy

alexisjones289

A little bit ago I had posted on my employers ups guy. I'm shy in the flirting department and was hoping he would make a strong move. After catching on that he is flirting pretty hard I finally made my own attempt. My coworker, who is old enough to be his mother, constantly makes passes at when he is in shorts. I think she is trying to "teach me how its done." We still have not gotten his name in the 2 years I have worked there. I told him that we gave him the nickname legs. He laughed and replied "I don't know why she always comments on my legs they aren't that great and plus I have better attributes than that." I naturally have a vulgar sense of humor but kept that in and replied "well I told her to keep the hitting on you up to me." He laughed and shot me a grin while blushing.

How should I go about keeping this progressing?

A little bit ago I had posted on my employers ups guy. I'm shy in the flirting department and was hoping he would make a strong move. After catching on that he is flirting pretty hard I finally made my own attempt. My coworker, who is old enough to be his mother, constantly makes passes at when he is in shorts. I think she is trying to "teach me how its done." We still have not gotten his name in the 2 years I have worked there. I told him that we gave him the nickname legs. He laughed and replied "I don't know why she always comments on my legs they aren't that great and plus I have better attributes than that." I naturally have a vulgar sense of humor but kept that in and replied "well I told her to keep the hitting on you up to me." He laughed and shot me a grin while blushing.

How should I go about keeping this progressing?

"...Want to grab a drink sometime?"...

• Like 2

You should at least find out the guy's name. Next time, tell him that since you're sure Legs isn't his birth name, perhaps he could tell you his real moniker. Take it from there.

P.S. The older lady isn't very good at "showing you how it's done" if after two years she still doesn't know his name either.

• Like 1
  • Author
alexisjones289

True. The flirting has definitely become more intense recently. Someone hit on me at my other job recently and I realized this poor guy has been trying for a while and I'm just really stupid. She said she needs to find out his name. I was hoping she would accomplish that goal for me. But I think the legs nickname lead in would work well.

• Author
alexisjones289

I got his name. A couple days later I searched him on Facebook. His profile picture was with a rather attractive lady. I did some searching and found out that he is quite a bit older than I thought, about 15 years, divorced and has 3 children. Glad I waited to find out more before making a serious move. A little bummed about it but it's more kind of messed up how he is dating someone and hitting on others really hard. Especially since I know he knows how young I am. Kind of gross. I will still be kind to him and joke with him but I will definitely cool off a bit. He looks surprisingly young for his age. Oh well, there are more fish in the sea. I will probably tell my coworker that I saw him somewhere with a girl or something so that she lays off a little.

I got his name. A couple days later I searched him on Facebook. His profile picture was with a rather attractive lady. I did some searching and found out that he is quite a bit older than I thought, about 15 years, divorced and has 3 children. Glad I waited to find out more before making a serious move. A little bummed about it but it's more kind of messed up how he is dating someone and hitting on others really hard. Especially since I know he knows how young I am. Kind of gross. I will still be kind to him and joke with him but I will definitely cool off a bit. He looks surprisingly young for his age. Oh well, there are more fish in the sea. I will probably tell my coworker that I saw him somewhere with a girl or something so that she lays off a little.

you made it seem like you two were doing the hitting on... not him.

• Author
alexisjones289

If anything in the situation, as glad as I am that I found out what I did before things went further, I am most embarrassed that I hit on a guy old enough to be my teenage father. I don't want to bring that to light if possible. He is still incredibly attractive for his age but that is something I cannot accept.

• Author
alexisjones289
you made it seem like you two were doing the hitting on... not him.

He constantly teases about my height and has made reference to liking girls my height, comments about my features have been made, hard eye contact and constant smiles from him. He has acquired the nickname legs at my job because my coworkers always flirts with him about his legs and he replied to me that he has "better attributes than that." My coworker actually gets on my case that I don't flirt nearly as often as he does. Boy am I glad I didn't

• Like 1

Maybe that's why he never asked you out. Some people flirt and tease to break up their day, and not necessarily with serious intentions.

• Author
alexisjones289

Clearly this was the case. Kind of messed up to his current girlfriend but that's his problem. I wont treat him much different. I will just lay off the flirting a bit.