Did she not want to give me her number?

Hi guys,

I have been working with a girl for just over a month at a local grocery shop.

One night when the shop was quiet, I asked her to follow me outside as I wanted to talk to her.

When we were outside I told her to put her number in my phone, she did, but initially she asked "why?".

She said this kind of laughingly, is this a sign of disinterest? did she just want to avoid an awkwardness?

SycamoreCircle

Maybe it's the way you describe the interaction, but it just comes off creepy.

You've heard of foreplay? Well, a little warming up is needed to engage a woman to give you their number. Yes, you can flat out ask but you can also flat out ask them if they like pancakes. What's needed is context. You gave this interaction a very weird context.

Next time, find an occasion where a woman is VOLUNTARILY in your company. Smile at her, say something silly, ask her about her day. If she seems into it, THEN ask for her number.

• Author

yeah now I read it it does sound weird.

The interaction wasn't creepy at all though,

I even heard from another co-worker she asked for my number (but don't know quite what happened with that).

If that's how your interaction went, it was a bit weird. You were too direct. You weren't signaling any genuine interest . . . you didn't make her feel special.

Going forward try to warm up / soften your interactions.

She is probably worried she is going to get an "I'm watching you!!" text.

I like the above posters comment.. soften up your interactions with her and try to see if she has any interest.

I wouldn't like someone "telling" me to put their number in my phone. Next time, ask if she wants your number.. and if she wants to eat out or something...