Am I just jealous or do I have a point?

I've been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years now. We live 2000 miles apart! We met online. Well we talk everyday and have already told each we love and care about one another and talk about he wants me to move out there because of his building his practice. He just started at a new practice in his line of work and is a doctor there. Well it seems like his receptionist has a thing for him and his office staff is supportive of her crush. She told my boyfriend that a couple that came in told the other doctor who hired him that they (secretary and bf) were dating just to 'let him know'. He thought it was funny and laughed it off. The other person on his staff, the receptionists friend, told him that she would set things straight. Well he never heard this comment personally from either the patient or the doctor who hired him yet he assumes its true. Now he tells me that when they hired him the office manager on the staff showed the recveptionist my boyfriends picture and told her 'this is the new doc we're hiring. don't date him'. Again, he says he thought that was funny and said that the office manager (secretary's friend) told him the secretary had a 'history' but he didn't know what it was. He said he thought it was her past drug use? I highly doubted it. He told this office manager who showed the picture of my bf to this girl about me and she offered to lend her home to use when i come visit because she'd be out of town. That just annoyed me more because it makes it seem like she thinks i'm just a fling to sleep with. FYI I am a virgin and bf knows this. I don't take sex lightly. What also makes me doubt things now is that my boyfriend is busier than usual at this new job because of the amount of patients he now sees and hasn't talked as much about his work and his staff like he had at his other job. I think the reason is because of either guilt or because of other sex thoughts in his head. For ex. We have phone sex sometimes and now he told me that he wants me to wear a low cut cleavage baring shirt when i go see him and talked about how he wanted to touch and slip his hand down my shirt to feel my breasts and just talked more about my boobs when in the past he did not in our conversations. Now this secretary is young, blonde, and wears tops that show cleavage. I'm not blonde but dark haired with medium skin and brown eyes. Last time we talked he asked me how my hair was which I thought was weird and random. He asked if I dyed it again or added highlights. So now he is working at this office of just 5 people which is him, the other doctor and the office staff sometimes just him and the staff. They will have daily interaction and go on outings and do fun things together most likely. Since I saw his new secretary I had a bad feeling because she looks a little wild or crazy. Am I being jealous for no reason? Should I continue with him or just end it? I was planning to visit at the end of this month to meet his family. I feel that his office staff is already trying to manipulate feelings between the secretary and my bf and it's really bothering me. To add to that, he already added his whole office staff to his facebook.

Edited by girlinlove1

As a registered nurse for many years now , I can tell you that there are a lot of doctors who have had affairs and married their secretaries, nurses ...

If your suspicion or internal gut tells you something , please listen to it. There is a reason for it . Always is .

That's all I feel like saying about it and I'm sorry that you're going through this . I hope things pan out for you as you desire

This whole story is very odd. A few things that could clarify for us:

Have you ever met him in person?

Who reported all this office/secretary information to you?

How did you see who the secretary is?

My guess is that his colleagues don't really know anything about you. Keep in mind that his coworkers can't manipulate anythign without your boyfriend's participation - he is a grown man, he could put a stop to it if he wants.

• Author

No not yet but we have skyped and talk daily on the phone. We haven't met yet because I was in a very bad relationship previously and were just friends in the beginning. He told me and we have each other on facebook. I saw his staff on facebook. I've spoken to his friends and family so they can get to know me. His previous work staff knew about me. Only one person at his current job knows about me. He just convinced me it was all a rumor.

This whole story is very odd. A few things that could clarify for us:

Have you ever met him in person?

Who reported all this office/secretary information to you?

How did you see who the secretary is?

My guess is that his colleagues don't really know anything about you. Keep in mind that his coworkers can't manipulate anythign without your boyfriend's participation - he is a grown man, he could put a stop to it if he wants.

No not yet but we have skyped and talk daily on the phone. We haven't met yet because I was in a very bad relationship previously and were just friends in the beginning. He told me and we have each other on facebook. I saw his staff on facebook. I've spoken to his friends and family so they can get to know me. His previous work staff knew about me. Only one person at his current job knows about me. He just convinced me it was all a rumor.

Sorry, OP, but I think he's full of sh*t. Don't invest any more in this guy than you already have