What do you think?

FB Messenger Exchange between my gf and a friend in her line of work.

Wednesday August 6th

8/6, 3:43pm

HIM

When do I get to see you again

8/6, 3:44pm

GF

Hey! when will you be in OUR CITY?

8/6, 3:44pm

HIM

Next week

8/6, 3:45pm

GF

awesome, wanna do lunch?

8/6, 4:13pm

HIM

I'm in set so probably would have to so dinner

8/6, 4:15pm

GF

ok i'll see what I can work out, Im supposed to be filming at night that week but I havent gotten a set schedule yet, ill let you know

8/6, 4:45pm

HIM

Breakfast!

8/6, 4:46pm

GF

hah ok ill try that, I go to work at 9am.. I could meet you around 10?

Breakfast sounds good tho

8/6, 4:51pm

HIM

Well I don't have my call times yet either

I fly in Tuesday morning 

8/6, 4:53pm

GF

Ok! as soon as I have an idea of how my week will go I'll let you know what kind of meal I can have

8/6, 4:54pm

HIM

Aim to be available Thursday evening

8/6, 4:54pm

GF

ok

Tuesday August 12th

8/12, 12:58pm

HIM

Hey!

8/12, 1:16pm

GF

Hey!

8/12, 1:39pm

HIM

What are you doing

8/12, 1:39pm

GF

I am at work right now, what are you up to?

8/12, 1:40pm

HIM

In OUR CITY!

Trying to get you to meet me

8/12, 1:41pm

GF

hah how long are you here for?:

8/12, 1:42pm

HIM

Forget it!

GF

What?

HIM

:)

GF

:)

HIM

I leave at 6pm but I'm back tomorrow

8/12, 1:43pm

GF

hmmm... I dont get off work until 530 & i have things to do after... hmmm are you busy during the day tomorrow?

8/12, 1:49pm

HIM

Well!

8/12, 1:49pm

GF

:/

Wednesday August 13th

3:53pm

HIM

So I see you when?!

11:20pm

HIM

Well I won't plan on it

I think it's clear he's trying to get her to hook up with him. She seems to try to steer it towards something acceptable like lunch but he appears to keep trying. This guy could provide work for her but, while she may be interested in that my gut is telling me he's interested in more. Anyway, anyone with any opinions on this?

Thanks!

Edited by reallyreal

Your GF has it covered, she is a big girl, she can handle this on her own, you got nothing to worry about.

Yes that's true but IMO she isn't really shutting him down as much as she should be. A lot of people will often say "oh he's just a friend, I didn't realize he liked me in THAT way" but that's clearly BS. She knows what he wants and whilst she's not falling for it, she likes the attention and is allowing him to continue. She's not crossing the line, but is skirting it by not shutting him down harder. Nothing to worry about just yet, but I would remain vigilant.

• Like 2

Agreeing with PegNosePete here. In the end it'll come down to what she'll do when they're meeting in person; there are enough people who just say "I couldn't stop it" afterwards because they don't have the guts/don't want to just get up and leave.

It's obvious she's stringing him along for the attention. Depending on how much she enjoys it she'll have sex with this guy.

• Like 1

TBH I don't see any indication that there is anything sexual in the conversation. To me it's two busy people trying to work around their schedules to meet up for a meal.

You are reading too much into this. Everything in this thread is an assumption with no evidence to support it. If it bothers you that much go talk to your GF about it to clear the air.

leavesonautumn
Yes that's true but IMO she isn't really shutting him down as much as she should be. A lot of people will often say "oh he's just a friend, I didn't realize he liked me in THAT way" but that's clearly BS. She knows what he wants and whilst she's not falling for it, she likes the attention and is allowing him to continue. She's not crossing the line, but is skirting it by not shutting him down harder. Nothing to worry about just yet, but I would remain vigilant.

Agreed.

Doesn't seem like she is interested in this guy based on how she responds to him but she's enjoying the attention. Communicate with your girlfriend instead of being paranoid and reading her facebook messages. My opinion is that he is interested in her but she just wants to be friends and is either clueless or isn't sure how to tell him.

Everything seems very innocent. If they are friends, so what is the problem here? I read two friends are trying to meet while he's in town.

The real event here is you reading her private messages.

• Like 1