Jealousy. Am I overreacting?

zack.cole.graves

I need help with my jealousy. I'm in a long distance relationship with this girl abroad and I often experience jealousy. She's a very nice person with wonderful personality and charming looks. And other boys like to hang out with her. She enjoys the attention but she's not flirting back. Am I overreacting? I always feel jealous everytime. I opened this up with her and she told me that I should trust her. I trust her but it's just I feel-- I'm pretty sure you guys know what I mean. I need some advice. I want to get rid of this jealousy. I want to be confident in her. I trust her though. I know she wouldn't cheat on me. I'm just afraid that she might not like it if I always get jealous with her friends - her male friends. A little help?

No you don't, LDRs are realy tough even for the advanced daters. LDRs are stupid and should be avoided. You can't possibly enjoy dating someone when you can't even hug them, touch them, kiss them, share your life with them. It was going to end anyways, because the novelty wears off, and the longing for physical interaction mashes their feelings for you. Just drop this crap and move on before it eats you alive.

• Like 1
  • Author
zack.cole.graves
No you don't, LDRs are realy tough even for the advanced daters. LDRs are stupid and should be avoided. You can't possibly enjoy dating someone when you can't even hug them, touch them, kiss them, share your life with them. It was going to end anyways, because the novelty wears off, and the longing for physical interaction mashes their feelings for you. Just drop this crap and move on before it eats you alive.

We were the perfect couple but we're in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

And about the LDR, well... Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love Official - YouTube.

If you are a jealous person don't have LDRs. You will make yourself crazy thinking about the people who are where you want to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Where to begin.. LDR's are not for relationships that are just starting out. Unless it is only temporary by that I mean just a few months tops.

Even long term marriages become very strained when it becomes LDR for more then 2-3 months. I have friends in the Military and they tell me every time they come home from a long deployment they have to "relearn" their relationship. Some of these people have been married 10+ years.

That said you might think you have jealousy issues. But you're likely just dating the wrong type of women. It's hard for us to judge whether or not you have a jealousy problem with out more specific examples of what you think is wrongly being jealous.

If SO/partner is putting you second to someone else. Especially someone of the opposite sex you have every right to be jealous (to some degree depending on the circumstance). The one exception where being put second should be okay is with family, long term friends and career/school.

It's been my experience that unjustified jealousy stems from low self esteem and low self worth. So go read some books on self esteem and self worth. Start with The Six Pillars of self esteem.