Not sure what to think

I'm no sure what to think of my situation. I have had this thing with this guy for a while now. We dated for a short time and after some time apart he insisted that we try and be as close friends as possible. We work together, we are in a active community organization together and we are social. I was so broken hearted when we broke up and I am in no way over him. I mentioned around Christmas time how I felt and he didn't want talk about it. After him Getting upset with me about our "friendship" recently about me not being open to him or close enough to him I've tried to be a better friend. I've also very recently after all this time decided to try dating again. Well the guy I met unfortunately turned out to know the ex. The new guy went and asked the ex about me through facebook. This is the part that is so weird to me. The ex and new guy have hung out now after the ex asked him for a beer. I don't understand why the ex would do this to me. He had all this time to hang out with him why in the world now! Also I'm around the ex a lot and after he learned about the new guy he has been treating me so different! He's aloof, snippy and angry. What in the world!

Well, now he has an open back door to your relationship. But other than asking this other guy about you every once in a while, I don't see how that should affect you?

• Author

It makes me uncomfortable because it's the first guy I've had interest in since the ex and I broke up. I find it did he wants to hang out with him the day after he finds out about it. The ex and I are around one another just about everyday he doesn't have to ask about he sees me. It just feels weird.

If you still have a thing for the guy and working with him, etc. I think you need to disregard what HE wants and peel the relationship back to "friendly and professional" and leave him completely out of your personal life, and that includes dating anyone that you might know knows him. He's being unreasonable to want to force you to be close friends with him knowing you want more and you're silly wasting your time appeasing him.

• Like 3

Why the hell would you give this guy all the control...shame on you! End that friendship, just keep a professional relationship, ditch this new guy and keep your personal life private from your job.

Tip: never ever date people you work with or their friends!

If I were in your shoes I would be livid with the both of them.

• Author

Well the new guy doesn't know I dated the old guy (yet). I'm mad at the old one. I am LIVID with the old guy. He should not hang out with the guy I'm dating.

Well the new guy doesn't know I dated the old guy (yet). I'm mad at the old one. I am LIVID with the old guy. He should not hang out with the guy I'm dating.

You can't stop him. Dating this new guy may not be an option anymore if he keeps in contact with your ex.

• Author

Yeah I am beginning to think so. I also think that is why the ex did that. He never ever hung out with him till now.