"Lol," Good or bad sign?

Hey guys,

I've been flirting and chatting with this girl I met just before she left for a study tour. Generally the conversations go great, and she generally appreciates my compliments, but sometimes she replies with "lol"

Because of the impersonality of our communications, I can't tell if that's a good or a bad sign. It doesn't help that it's not consistent.

Right now, I'm thinking about today's exchange. Told her I was thinking about her (which I have done before, she didn't mind), and her reply was "Don't. Lol. What's up?"

I'm probably overthinking this, but she has a self-deprecating sense of humor. I'm struggling to figure out if she's being sarcastic or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Told her I was thinking about her (which I have done before, she didn't mind), and her reply was "Don't. Lol. What's up?"

That seems pretty clear that she is not interested at all.

Do you initiate all the conversations? Has she indicated that she is interested in you in any way? You send texts simply saying that you're thinking about her...does she ever send anything similar?

If you are not getting anything from her, then she may just be texting you to ease boredom etc. but not actually be interested. If this appears to be the case, stop messaging, move on.

Hey guys,

I've been flirting and chatting with this girl I met just before she left for a study tour. Generally the conversations go great, and she generally appreciates my compliments, but sometimes she replies with "lol"

Because of the impersonality of our communications, I can't tell if that's a good or a bad sign. It doesn't help that it's not consistent.

Right now, I'm thinking about today's exchange. Told her I was thinking about her (which I have done before, she didn't mind), and her reply was "Don't. Lol. What's up?"

I'm probably overthinking this, but she has a self-deprecating sense of humor. I'm struggling to figure out if she's being sarcastic or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

you need to see a face or smirk to figure out the sarcastic comments

on line - or texting -- -you will be lost 100%

Call me old fashioned, but you've got a freaking phone in your hand! Use it. Call the girl. Geez. No one ever left a conversation of texts knowing what was an underhanded comment and what wasn't. There is more confusion in the world with texts than with anything else. Go back to the lost art of talking to a girl.

She switched a romantic/sexual conversation IMMEDIATELY to that of a normal friendly chit-chat.

You're worried about the "LOL"? You should be worried about the "don't".

If I said that to a girl with very high interest, her immediate response would be, "What were you thinking!?".

• Like 1