I have been with my boyfriend now for 6 years, we have a 17 month old daughter together. One afternoon while I was at work I got a phone call stating there was a car that has never been at our home before, when I tried calling to see who was there I couldn't get and answer the phone had been taken off of the hook or whatever. When I get home that evening I comfront him asking who is was at our house and I am told noone.. I once again ask whom was at our house and still I get the answer noone.

I then go to our bedroom where he's been sleeping and say, okay who's been at our house and I get the answer "I had a man over" I then go balalistic and say it's over, I want nothing more from you, you have just ruined everything.

He then says, please, please don't leave me it was a mistake. I will never do it again. How would someone respond to this and is this something that can be worked out by counseling. Should I forgive him and see if counseling works for him or should I give up and go on with my life? I have asked him to contact his family and let them know what he did to myself and his daughter.

feel free to leave me answers on what you feel I should do I really am mixed up and have no idea what to do.

He had a man over? Um, can we assume from that information that this is an issue of sexual preference? did you know your partner is gay/Bi? Or is this something you just recently discovered from his admission?

Your boyfriend cheated on you with another guy? :confused:

Cheating is cheating.... regardless if it's with a male or a female, however if your boyfriend cheated on you with a male... then obviously this adds a different element to the table than he cheated.... sexual identity issues would be there as well.

Originally posted by JoL

He had a man over? Um, can we assume from that information that this is an issue of sexual preference? did you know your partner is gay/Bi? Or is this something you just recently discovered from his admission?

A few years ago he had mentioned to me he thought he might be Bi/but I never put it together at the time. He doesn't want our relationship to be over and has asked for my help. I have suggested counseling to him and told him I will not make my decision until he decides if he wants to be with a man or a woman