Does Cocaine make you unfaithful?

Hi

I have been doing cocaine on a few occasions but always with my boyfriend around. My experience: kissing, dancing and sex is undescribable. We usually kiss for hours and everything feels very intense.

I am not interested in doing coke by myself or with my friends.

Just a question: would you say that cocaine makes you want to two-time, resp. "jump on people". Or how do you experience it?

I mean in comparison with alcohol, dope, exstacy? Which one holds the greates danger of forgetting everything around you and fool around outside your relationship?

Or is it as simple as: "if you do not intend to two-time, you won't with or without cocaine!"

Maybe it's a childish question but still interesting!

Thank you!

I dont think you will find many here who will be able to give a holistic perspective, considering the involvement of a narcotic.

What I will say, is this: People cheat, and for a variety of reasons. It's possible that doing drugs might put you in more situations where promiscuity and/or infidelity would be possible, but that's not to say it's the drug's fault.

And of course, lastly, stop doing the coke, girl. You're going to be dead in a year's time. That's the statistic.

And of course, lastly, stop doing the coke, girl. You're going to be dead in a year's time. That's the statistic

My fiance did coke. Now he has this hole in the septum of his nose that he can drag a spagettie noodle through.

It got to the point where he was doing like 300 bucks of cocaine a night. Then again, he used to deal.

He's said to me that you have to bottom out on it before you can use it responsibly. Also, he doesn't want me to try it, so that also says something.

As for if it contributes to cheating: my fiance said that it makes you extremely horny. However, I would have to agree with Pap. If someone is going to cheat, they're going to do it whether they are on coke, or not.

He said the he wouldn't have had sex with some of the people that he had if coke wasn;t involved, but I think that's a cop out, and told him so. He said that it affects your judgment, that all you want to do is satisfy that need, and that you don't care who its with.

I think that his mentality had alot more to do with where he was emotionally, rather then the drug itself. I think that at that time he didn't care about anything, and that the coke was an excuse for him to behave in that manor, and doing the coke was an expression of his self destructive tendency.

He agrees with me now, and I hope this helps.

Responsible drug abuse?

No offense, Lioness, but that's the most retarded thing I've heard in a long time. It's total sophistry.

Responsible drug abuse?

No offense, Lioness, but that's the most retarded thing I've heard in a long time. It's total sophistry.

I think that there is responsible drug use, Pap. We use drugs for alot of things, for medicinal purposes, and for recreation. I think it's very possible to use a drug responsibly.

I believe that with some drugs there is no "responsibility." For example, crack, meth, herion. That is because they are extremely addictive.

Coke is not addictive unless done a great deal, though you can get emotionally addicted to the high.

• Author

well, I have done coke and am not feeling addicted to it.

I guess it depends on your circle of friends and whether the stuff is available.

Lioness, I really don't want to start a debate about this here, but you are drawing an artificial line. Even cigarettes are addictive. You wanna tell me a powerfully psycho-active serotonin-blocking substance like coke isn't addictive? It's pure rationalization.

• Author

Hi Papillon

I guess I fully agree with you on being careful with drugs. And I fully agree that they are dangerous. But I can seriously say that I have tried coke before and it wouldn't worry me too much if I could never take it again.

So, it doesn't seem to be addictive to everyone. I don't smoke, but generally smokers can't go a day without a cigarette. Most people who do coke may do it twice a year. Is that an addiction?

Melina- you don't start out smoking a pack a day. Most people don't start out snorting an ounce a day. If you don't care if you never do it again- then don't. Why add fuel to fire?

Originally posted by Papillon

And of course, lastly, stop doing the coke, girl. You're going to be dead in a year's time. That's the statistic.

Yea right. I know people that do coke on occasion and have done so for over 20 years. They are alive. That's the statistic.

savethedrama4allama

Seriously though, what's it like? Does it make you horney? I've always been curious because my boyfriend did coke for a while before I knew him, and he was single and not having casual sex either...if it makes you so damn horney, I wonder how he got by.

"You know people"?

Uhuh. Next time the gov't needs official statistics on something they should be sure to give ya a call :rolleyes:

savethedrama4allama

Come on now, boys. Look at my alpaca avatar and smile. Doesn't that feel better?

Yes, cocaine is a bad idea health-wise, yes, people have survived its recreational use. Everyone is right.

My fiance wants to move to the country and raise them. How cool! :-)

Yes, cocaine is bad for you. Yes, it can be addictive if used enough.

Yes, cocaine is a bad idea health-wise, yes, people have survived its recreational use. Everyone is right.

Yes, yes yes! yes! lol.

Originally posted by savethedrama4yrmama

Come on now, boys. Look at my alpaca avatar and smile. Doesn't that feel better?

Alpacas and llamas spit their vomit at people.

Originally posted by fredrolin

Yea right. I know people that do coke on occasion and have done so for over 20 years. They are alive. That's the statistic.

Of course you know them...they're still alive. It's all the dead ones or the ones in rehab that you don't know because they're not around.

Cocaine is one of the most powerfully addictive of the drugs of abuse -- and it is a drug that can kill. No individual can predict whether he or she will become addicted or whether the next dose of cocaine will prove fatal.

On a different note, I found this article quite interesting:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_841263.html

Originally posted by YellowLioness

Yes, cocaine is bad for you. Yes, it can be addictive if used enough.

Yes, yes yes! yes! lol.

cheeseburgers are bad for you. Pollution is bad for you. Candy is bad for you. I could go on and on but hopefully you understand my point.

People cheat because they want to not because of the use of drugs. Now of course drugs to influence you decisions and you sometimes lose your inhibitions, but it's not going to make you do something that you wouldn't think of doing if you were sober.

Now I would be careful with you mixing drugs and alcohol and other stuff. It's not good to be doing drugs at all, but be especially careful not to mix drugs together that can be lethal.

cheeseburgers are bad for you. Pollution is bad for you. Candy is bad for you. I could go on and on but hopefully you understand my point.

No need to talk down to me, dear. I'm not 5. I'm perfectly capable of understanding your point, while not agreeing with you. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me stupid. :laugh:

I would like to say however, that eating candy is probably way different from doing coke.

If that wasn't the case, no one would be on Adkins. lol.

I watched a documentary on drug abuse and, if they were correct in their statements, cocaine is NOT physically addictive. It is, however, a drug that can hook you in psychologically.

Nicotine and alcohol ARE physically addictive though.

But in answer to your question, I think that occasional use of cocaine, especially those first few times, can result in 'out of character' behaviour, although I wouldn't say it's powerful enough to cause infidelity - unless of course, the possibility is there already.

Having sex while under the influence of cocaine can be erotic and more intense than usual, it can also prolong your lovemaking quite significantly. But again, I would say that this applies only when cocaine is being used very infrequently.

When cocaine is used regularly/habitually, it is likely to have a detrimental effect on your love life. A person abusing cocaine isn't usually very healthy both in mind and in body. Any street drug used in excess can detrimentally effect one's love life.

• Author

Thank you g_tabatha for the first post on the subject. Cocaine and cheating!

To all the others: Thanks for your replies but as I said I have read about the health hazards (24times more likely to die from heart attack within first hour of using the stuff etc) but that wasn't my original question!

Just wanted to know whether it makes people feel more "sexual" and therefore more willing to cheat.

Originally posted by g_tabatha

Now I would be careful with you mixing drugs and alcohol and other stuff. It's not good to be doing drugs at all, but be especially careful not to mix drugs together that can be lethal.

This is a good point, mixing drugs is not advisable. My previous comments about cocaine and sex were about just that, cocaine and sex. How alcohol, cocaine and sex mix is something I can't comment on.

I know for a fact though that marijuana/skunk etc. really don't mix well with alcohol. Do one or the other, not both

Originally posted by melina

Thank you g_tabatha for the first post on the subject. Cocaine and cheating!

You're welcome. I wasn't going to knock you for trying and experimenting with drugs. I know I have and others on this forum as well. Sometimes even though you know it's not a good idea you just have to try it for yourself.

Coke is a bad bad drug, (Since no one really knows me I guess I can reveal the truth) I was addicted to cocaine badly for 2 years. My father was also.

I've been clean now but honestly it's a hard drug to escape...I have slipped up (relapsed) a couple of times. It started out as "once in awhile" I liked weed too, wasn't "addicted" but once in awhile when it wasn't available I used coke, I tried it up the nose first but people (friends of my ex) would bring the smokeable kind over more. (crack, actually free base cocaine (coke cooked w/ baking soda) I started smoking everyday with them for the hell of it. It was there and I never felt I needed it for almost 2 1/2 months.

I regretted doing it and knew I needed to stop so I left the situation and came back home. I realized just how addicted I was once I was home, I started making trips to where I used to live in order to get my "fix" It came to be where I was spending (I swear) about 200 dollars a time, usually friday's (sometimes 80 dollars every single day), I was so addicted I sold all my sister's electronics, movies, ect to fund my usage...finally without professional help I got it under control. I even continued to use after leaving my ex....

Anyway I don't use anymore in the past 2 years I've used 4 times (this is bad but no where as bad as before) but in the past 9 months I"ve been totally clean. It makes it hard when you see your "buddy" who always says "come on, i miss ya, here's some for free for old time's sake" but anyway I am staying clean now so I don't end up dead or really unable to leave it alone!

So to those who say "coke is okay in moderation" I say "stop dipping your hands in the pool before you fall in head first and are unable to swim, so you'll end up drowning"

Lioness you're lucky your fiance doesn't want you to use coke, for your own good please stay away from it.

I don't really have an opinion on weed, that depends on the person themselves. But basically I say stay away from drugs all together!

Sorry now about the orginal question..IMHO it made me NOT want to be touched...I wouldn't want to be sexual with anyone using this substance!