Have you ever cheated and left someone else then regret?

My ex bf of 2.5 yrs cheated and left me for someone else. During the second year of relationship, it became a routine and habit so everything became stale. Little I know that he was already talking to his ex girlfriend behind my back. Suddenly he told me that he is confused but did not admit that he had another girl on mind. I asked him many times and he lied to me. He broke up with me later on, but we still remained "casually" dating each other and did everything that we were doing before. Even sleepovers. Until i found out through a picture online (of them kissing) that he already started a relationship with another girl who happens to live in another country. (I found out that when my ex bf went on a holiday for a month and a half, thats when he got official with this girl who was his EX gf). I felt used and betrayed. I asked him if he loved me just me, and he said he loved me so much but there was a time when he saw me as a negative person and everything about our relationship was negative, so he went to look for another person outside the relationship. But i found out too, that they have been talking to each other for a long time already during our relationship. I know though for a fact that he didm;t pursue her until the last few months before we broke up..but technically when he went for a holiday, he dated her and was cheating on me. I knew nothing was happening.

The only thing I was so mad about was that he did not want to admit to me that He found another girl. I had a gut feeling already was constantly asking him if there is someone else, and that if there is, tell me so I could move on. He said NO. He was acting hot and cold to me. There was even a point that he said, he still wanted me in his life (but couldn't ****in commit??) I asked him if there is a chance that we would be OK again and fix the relationship, he said, we'll never know. He told me that when he realize that all that he did was wrong and I am still THERE waiting for him, then he would come back commit to me fully (Ok, i couldn't understand him when he was telling me this because I know nothing about the other girl yet) . He kept on blaming me that I was controlling and everything. I tried to make it up to him, gave him presents, get him anything, help him out in everything, tried to be there for him and gave him space... he still dated me. He sleeps at my place every week so I thought I was getting him to LOVE me again. Then finally I found out the picture of him kissing his ex gf. ****. I felt used and betrayed. When I asked him why he would still sleep and date with me, he said he doesn't want me close yet not FAR and completely gone. He even tried to lie to me that they are not together... and that he started liking her AFTER he broke up with me. But I found the girl's blog, and read that my ex bf was trying to pursue her 5-6 months already prior our breakup. I had no clue why I had to date this guy..i knew he's not good for me. B

But the idea seeing them "happy" together just crushes my heart. He obviously liked her more than me..and still used me for benefits. I wonder if this type of overlapping relationships last??

Edited by krooton25

2 of my exes cheated and left me for that person.

One eventually tried to come back many months later but I wouldn't have it. The other was gone for good.

There's no telling what kind of scenario will play out when this happens, but it's best to keep speculation to a minimum. It does no good.

• Like 2

A friend of mine - we're not that good friends anymore - kept contact with her ex until he cheated with her on his current GF. A few days later he finally had the "courage" to sneak out of the relationship and is now back with my friend.

It's been a few months and the few times I've seen them the more it seems like they're just desperately trying to hang on on each other.

Too bad that most relationships fail again because of the same reasons they did earlier.

Either way, he's a cheater so he's beneath you. Let it rest.

• Like 2

I'm sorry that happened to you. You deserve a lot better than that. There is no point in wondering if those types of relationships last or not, you have to continue your own way.

I just know a case of the cousin of a friend, he had been with his girlfriend for 6 years and they even lived together, and one day he disappeared, he left her for another girl he had been cheating her on with. A month passed and then he came back to his prior girlfriend, and she forgave him (a silly thing to do in my opinion). They have been together since and now she is pregnant.

I just know a case of the cousin of a friend, he had been with his girlfriend for 6 years and they even lived together, and one day he disappeared, he left her for another girl he had been cheating her on with. A month passed and then he came back to his prior girlfriend, and she forgave him (a silly thing to do in my opinion). They have been together since and now she is pregnant.

Stories like that make me facepalm. I remember someone whose partner cheated 2 weeks prior to their marriage, and even though she found out she still married him.

I just wonder what moves people to do that. Maybe 'my love' passes too many security checks in my head but if people like these complain about their nasty marriages even though they've brought this on themselves, it's like talking to a toddler. :sick: