He's sending me mixed signals can anyone figure this out ?

rodawaybecky

Me and this guy (lets call him John) have been talking on and off for a few weeks now. He got my number through a mutual friend and sent me a friendly text. I later realized that him and my friend had some kind of action plan to hook me so that I would become interested in John.

He would text me every now and again just saying hi, asking how my day was etc. He eventually asked me to hang out with him but i was busy that day and declined politely explaining why, he then asked me the following evening if I wanted to go round to his place and keep him company, which I'm pretty certain is code talk for straight up sex. Once again I declined and explained that I was far too tired and that he should find someone else to keep him company.

I made the fatal mistake of telling one of my close friends who happens to speak to John occasionally that he asked me to hang out and also invited me to his house. The next thing I know my friend is calling me later on in the evening telling me the details of his and Johns conversation and how he had very subtly mentioned johns invitation. I messaged John almost immediately after the phone call to ensure he wasn't angry or upset with me, but my suspicions seemed to be correct he was very short with me and almost uninterested.

I left it for about a week to let him cool down and then I messaged everyone saying holiday greetings and all that. He replied almost instantly and we struck up a conversation again, later that evening he asked if he could call me and of course I said yes. We were on the phone for 3 hours just talking about everything and anything it was really nice. I went to sleep around 4 a.m. when I had finished the phone call and I woke up at 10am to find a lovely text message of him thanking me for the phone call etc.

That was 4 days ago and Iv heard nothing since. I don't normally delude myself thinking a guy likes me if there's clear signs he doesn't but after that phone call I feel as though he did genuinely care but now I'm thinking I'v gotten it all wrong.

Can anyone relate or understand this behavior?

• Author
rodawaybecky

I did reply like an hour later and then we texted continuously throughout the day until he sent me a reply just with "yeah :)" which I didn't reply to.

It's a difficult one... maybe just see how it goes? Keep the conversation going, see where it leads :)

I agree the whole thing about keeping him company is definitely sexually-motivated though :p