Would you consider this flirting?

Hey LS community,

I recently went to a restaurant and my assigned waitress was a girl with whom I attend dancing classes every week. Though we never talked, we ''went along'' while dancing. I do not remember noticing any signs of flirt.

So she served me and my mate, and I didn't pick any sign of flirting either, but when she gave us the bill she had written a big ''Thank you'' on the back in a very nice font and also circled her name...with a heart.

I'm not really into that girl but I am a curious man...is it just a technique to get a tip or was it a genuine flirting sign?

Let me know what you think ! Waitresses' opinions highly wanted ! :D

^ all the above. I'm an old lady, and I get the big "Thank You" with smiley face on my tickets, and I KNOW they're not flirting with me.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

I do put a smile face next to notes when i consider people to be friends if i were working I wouldn't circle my name with a heart on a bill it is a bit suggestive I don't think she would do it if she were to be billing females ....so that's why i think yes its flirty,chances are as another poster said she puts it on all her bills ...i feel to males...or maybe its just your bill ...ask her out and see.......best wishes...deb

I'm not really into that girl but I am a curious man...is it just a technique to get a tip or was it a genuine flirting sign?

If the food is otherwise good, you or your mate (preferable as a control, since you're apparently known to her) can return and experience her style separately.

My bet, as a man who's interfaced with a lot of waitresses (and other women) in his life, she's doing what all good commissioned salespeople do, selling! Her commission of course is in her tips and in your continued patronage.

Had the bill been placed in front of you with the little ditty on it *and* her phone number, then I'd place more emphasis on personal interest. As is, sharp waitress :)