Did my intuition BREAK?

My question is about broken intuition.

I've been with my guy for around 8 months. He got with me 3 months after his breakup with a girl he had been with for 10 years. She cheated on him multiple times. So of course he had commitment issues. Somehow my intuition said that he was amazing (first time that has EVER happened with me) and we moved in after 6 months. Then his real commitment issues come out. He sexted a girl on facebook who's in russia and my intuition was SO GOOD that I checked his phone the night after he did it (I had never even looked at his phone before). He even said he MISSED her the next day :/. This was awful of me but somehow I knew something was up.

He repented and his act seems to have really truly changed. He doesn't flirt with any other girls as far as I can tell and he does many things for me and spends lots of time with me. However, my trust and intuition have never come back. I've tried many times to forgive and stop the nasty cycle of not trusting but I can't escape the feeling that I feel unloved by him. He does things for me, takes me out to dinner, jokes about having babies with me and what we'll do together for houses in the future. We're even looking for an apartment together in 2 months. But in my mind, I wait for him to talk to another girl because my intuition about him feels wrong. I know I have serious insecurities and trust issues (that have stemmed from previous relationships) but I don't know if this is ALL ME or not.

Is my intuition just broken for now and if I forgive him fully, will it come back and be the same? Or will it always be like this with him? It's unfair to him because he really seems to be putting in the effort. And it's unfair to me to feel jealous and insecure and unloved. Am I just being a drama queen and self-sabotaging everything? Or does him not wanting to hold my hand sometimes because he isn't in the mood a real problem?

If you've been able to successfully forgive, please tell me about it! Did the significant other really change?

Wow I had a similar thing.

It is only now that I am with a very wonderful man who would never cheat, that I have finally gotten my intuition back! Sort of like when I was anorexic and I stopped being able to tell when I was hungry during my recovery.

Only recently do I know when I am hungry and when I am not. Well, my intuition came back due to meeting a truly wonderful guy who I just "know" adores me overwhelmingly so as to NEVER even sext a girl.

I could be wrong though and perhaps my intuition will spike?

Let me ask you.. Have you ever been with a "good guy"?

Who is super into you, where you just "felt" safe?

When I am with a guy who is crazy about me, I usually feel safe and secure, and my intuition dies down and is at peace.

Intuition can be very accurate, but not all people have the ability to tap into their intuition for reasons unknown; perhaps they don't want to believe the worst in people whom they love and WANT things to work with?

I seriously think many people just turned a blind eye to how they truly feel about a given situation. I know I did this personally. My intuition was right from the beginning yet I CHOSE to ignore it because I loved the person a great deal.

I think mostly people know how they feel deep down. If a guy is wonderful to you and you feel he is a genuine guy, he has never given you a reason to doubt; if you feel sure that he's as devoted as he seems, you are likely right. That is IF you have enough dating experience to even KNOW what a decent man is supposed to act like.

I think with enough experience in dating, having met enough players and men who PRETENDED to be super into me only to lose interest and disappear after sex..... Me along with many women DEVELOP the ability to gauge intuition.

In my experience, intuition can be clouded by delusion pretty easily. Heck, I was naïve enough to think that just because a man acts crazy about you, tells you that you are amazing constantly and tells you how much he loves you, means that he actually means it.

Because these men "called me awesome, and acted like they really liked me on the first night that you met them" I wrongly ASSUMED that I had nothing to feel "off" about.

I thought " well these men clearly act like I am the best thing since sliced bread, nothing could POSSIBLY be wrong"

Being delusional causes you to overlook things, such as intuition and some signs that are just plain obvious. Most women are so swept away in what THEY think is " a cosmic connection' ( a new line I heard from a delusional women today)" That they FAIL to listen to their, well, "intuition" because they frankly don't develop the ability to see reality for what it truly is, as clear as day...

In short, most women I find at one time or another myself included, will

"assume" there is a "magical connection" with certain men who, oftentimes, DO NOT feel the same way, but the woman cannot truly feel her own intuition as being delusional supersedes intuition.

Once I quit being delusional and I got some more experience with men and I knew that not all men I felt a strong connection with felt the same way, I started to tap into my intuition.

I personally needed to wipe out the blinders I once had that hindered me from picking the guys who were genuine about their interest in me, versus the men who only wanted sex or the men who superficially went nuts for me, only to change their mind when it came to knowing me on a deeper level.

Intuition is knowing without knowing. Your intuition is far from broken.

Your trust in him is however broken because of what you found out he was doing behind your back with another woman.

Don't confuse the two.

• Like 2