Where is she calling from

I recently caught my girlfriend cheating. I forgave her, but I am still very suspicious. Recently she told me she needed to go to her hometown to visit family. This is the same thing she told me before when she visited the other man.

I see many apps that use GPS to locate someone, but that requires installation on their phone. I don't want to violate her privacy by putting software on her phone. I just want something simple that tells me the location of the person who is calling me, that I can install on my own phone. Does anyone know if there is such an app? Thanks.

google 'phone tracker for iphones'....

or there's this.

GPS Tracking Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

• Author

Thanks, but she needs to accept the invitation for GPS tracking. Is there something that I can just put on my own phone that doesn't require an invitation? I don't need to know her exact location, just the city she is calling from.

Edited by paddyflynn
Thanks, but she needs to accept the invitation for GPS tracking. Is there something that I can just put on my own phone that doesn't require an invitation? I don't need to know her exact location, just the city she is calling from.

Doesn't that show up on your itemized phone bill? The to/from locations? It might take a day or two to show, but.....

I have no idea.

Short of hiring a PI, or sticking a tracker on her car...

But you know, if you don't trust her, no amount of modern technology and tracking know-how will repair the damage.

if you don't trust her now, then your relationship is already in trouble.

It was in trouble when you caught her cheating.

You caught her, she didn't confess to it.

You found her out.

as such, the trust is dead.

Honestly?

Just let her go.

If you can't overcome this without the need for subterfuge and - frankly - spying, then this is dead in the water.

• Like 2

There's always little stick GPS devices that you could hide in the truck of the car. But, if the guy picks her up for a date, well....the car and the GPS would remain and grandma's. That's the only drawback.

There are also REALLY small GPS devices that you could hide in her purse, but that's pretty bold and you stand a greater chance of getting caught if she digs through her purse a lot.

Another thing you can do is get a voice activated recorder (VAR, you can get them at Walmart or Best Buy) and some heavy duty Velcro (Local hardware store) and secure that VAR under the drivers seat of her car and you can listen to who she's talking to. Most cheaters do most of their communicating while driving.

Michelle ma Belle

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

Your girlfriend cheated on you. You forgave her. And now you're going to drive yourself crazy TRACKING her every move?? When does it end? When you finally catch her cheating again?? Seriously.

Do you really want to live like this? Think about it for a moment please.

Either you've forgiven her or you haven't. You can't have it both ways unfortunately.

In my humble experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. And just remember that you caught her which means if you didn't, she'd STILL be out their knocking boots with another guy.

You deserve better my friend. Thank and release her.

• Like 4

No, I think you'll find I saw it too....;)

• Like 1

Sorry buddy, but if you don't trust your previously cheating girlfriend to the point that you now feel compelled to track her moves and monitor her whereabouts, you don't have a relationship. Dating is about figuring out compatibility. You require honesty and exclusivity. (Most of us do.) She's unwilling to provide it. You aren't compatible. Period. Time to accept that and move on to a different person. Cat and mouse games are a pointless exercise in futility.

In terms of apps for your phone, there is CityID, but it's pretty worthless. It gives you the city of the phone number's area code.

Your girlfriend cheated on you. You forgave her. And now you're going to drive yourself crazy TRACKING her every move?? When does it end? When you finally catch her cheating again?? Seriously.

Do you really want to live like this? Think about it for a moment please.

Either you've forgiven her or you haven't. You can't have it both ways unfortunately.

In my humble experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. And just remember that you caught her which means if you didn't, she'd STILL be out their knocking boots with another guy.

You deserve better my friend. Thank and release her.

This. Sorry, but if you forgave her for cheating, then that means you forgive her. That doesn't mean your forgiveness comes with strings attached and it doesn't mean you now bend yourself into five thousand positions to monitor her every move from here on out.

You clearly didn't really forgive her at all, and there's no trust here anymore. You deserve to be in a relationship that makes you feel safe, and secure, not in one which leads you to an online forum to ask about GPS tracking your girlfriend.

Damaged beyond repair. Move on.

• Like 3