I like my friend...

I got out of a relationship a few mo agoand Ive been dating different people. However, I have a friend that I really enjoy spending time with and now that Im single it seems weve gotten really close. The other night he picked me up from a birthday party and before I got home I couldn't hold back and I kissed him. He kissed me back and now I feel like Ive either started something new or ruined our friendship. im confused because I don't want to end up being in another meaningless relationship and I want something serious. help!

shinealight

I can see where you are coming from just got out of a relationship and *do i want to start a new one*. If you really like this person go for it and if it don't work out it don't work out. You don't want to go down the line regretting it!

• Author

yeah, i guess so. Ive known him for a long time and we would all hang out in a group, including with my ex. Also his ex girlfriend is a childhood friend of mine, not a close friend but still. She is in a relationship now so I dont know if its taboo, although it doesnt feel wrong at all.

Just be direct with him and tell him you want to be his girl. Just examine his reaction, I'm sure he wants you too if he kissed you back earlier.

I think you're jumping without a parachute. You literally just got out of a relationship a few months ago. And now you've been dating guys. Okay, no big deal...But, I have a feeling you haven't fully healed from your break-up.

Now, you're looking for something serious. Well, I would seriously tell you to wait until you've healed up fully from your last relationship. Because if you're not fully healed then dating this guy seriously when you're not ready wouldn't be fair to you and certainly not to him. THAT'S when you're really going to jeopardize the friendship.

Now, if you want to go on a few dates with him, nothing deep or too serious, then go for it. But, keep it light and without any expectations.