I think he is THE ONE - but He left without reason

We met as potential business partners but quickly became attracted to each other. We were starting a company with a groupd of people. this was his baby, after meetings we would chill out and talk. we had an instant soulmate-ish kind of connection. things between us was eerily similar - our thoughts, upbringing, logic - we even felt what each other was feeling at the time we were feeling it and acknowldeged it - and then get spooked out. we had lots of fun together for about 7 months, then all of a sudden he stopped calling me - our communication became strained for no reason. we got into small arguements about communicating honestly. he would say that he loves me or wants to chill with me but would never come around or say he was busy. i never saw where he lived but he'd come to my place whenever we did hang. Next thing i know he tells me he found a girlfriend (2 months later).

He still tells me that nothing was wrong and that i was perfect, but could never tell me why he left me the way he did. any suggesstions? im lost and hurt.

Clearly he was not he one.

He was too chicken to brek up with you directly. He figured you'd get the idea if he stopped calling.

Instead, you still think he is the one and he already has a new girlfriend!

You are better off without him.

do you think you were too clingy or maybe thought there was more connection than he thought there was?

• Author

There may be the possibility that I was being clingy. I'm feeling the itch for a relationship, but I also really never had the kind of chemistry we had with anyone else. You brought up a great question - am i clingy? I look at it as just paying attention to the person you're interested in and showing your interest. I may show it aggressively at times (not in a bad way - in an expressive emotional way).

I know he said he was terrified of being in a relationship after his last break up was with a fiance. SO its possible that i probably came on too strong. i didn't think about that - i just knew it was genuine.

I didn't mean to make you feel badly.

I am sure your feelings are quite geniune.

However, they may not have been to the same level in return. Some men will parrot what a woman is expressing to them. Some just to get laid. Others, because they do not know how to say otherwise and feel pressured.

it isn't always so, mind you.

what a minefield!

But i think you ought to move on. he has already.

Looking for the "one" is not a good way to go. Sure way to make a lot of guys disappear like nervous trout from a fishhook.