Looking for some input

Hello,

I have been off the market for a long time (17 years) and I'm re-learning as I go.

Anyway; I am part of a group of guys that meets for lunch every week on the same day, at the same time & same restaurant. We have been doing this for years. At the beginning of this year we switched to a new restaurant and have been going there ever since. Our first time there we met this very attractive waitress; we all liked very much.

A couple of times she had come up to the table to serve us and would reach out to give me a hug. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Just a very young, friendly waitress. Maybe trying to get a better tip (I wasn't complaining).

However about a month ago I wound up there all by myself for lunch and she waited on me. She stopped by a couple of times that day and started a short conversation, again didn't think much of it. By the time I was leaving she reached out her hand for mine; called me by first name (didn't ask my name must of read it off my card); said something to the effect of see you next time, gave me a really nice wink, a big smile and then batted her lashes at me has I'm walking out the door. I thought wow I enjoyed that but, was just her way of being friendly to the regular customers.

Since then every time I've been there with or without my group, she gives me a wink & smile and if she's not busy she'll stop and talk to me briefly. Even when she's not waiting on me. Even when she was working the other side of the building.

Like I said I've been off the market for a long time and she is very young & attractive; she could have any man she wanted. My point is with her age and my new found inexperience with the way things work on the single side of life. I'm looking for input on if these are signals of interest or just delusional thinking on my part.

For some reason, youre already putting her on a pedestal, like she's better than you, when you say "She could have any man she wanted"

Thats a good way for her to just treat you like the dirt under her boot.

If you feel something there, ask her, where she goes out to drink, then basically invite yourself

• Author

Thanks, I wasn't thinking about the pedestal. I guess I was thinking she is fun and interesting and what man doesn't want that.

But point taken.

• Author

Hey Tara that's what is so funny about this, This woman is a couple steps above my Ex (facts not, pedestal; my Ex thinks she can do better) and I haven't hit on her, commented on her good looks or played any of the stupid games most men play. I'm just not interested in doing that; it's not my style and yet all of the sudden I'm getting all this energy and extra attention without trying to stand out. So, I'm taken aback and surprised because, as far as looks are concerned I'm not even average. That's not a lack of confidence or low esteem; I know what my strengths are and looks aren't one of them.

That's why I'm asking about signals I don't know or understand yet how if any, things have changed since I last needed or wanted to get a date.

Especially with someone a generation younger than me.

"I have been off the market for a long time (17 years) and I'm re-learning as I go"

That's kind of confusing. off the market; yet, re-learning? Sooo....does that mean you're back on the market? What's there to re-learn if you're off the market?