Facebook check ins

mortensorchid

Last night, I didn't connect with this guy I'd been seeing for the last few months. It's kind of a hopeless situation, he's an ok guy and all but he has said some depressing things to me like "I'm a poor guy, someone else could offer you so much more than I could", "I wonder what you see in me", etc. The answer? The world's full of lonely people.

Anyway, I got a new phone and not used to the new features and sounds I had with the old one yet. I have another guy friend Bob who I'd been chatting with through Facebook and I said my plan for the evening kind of flaked out on me so did he want to hang out? He said sure, and we went out for Mexican food and to an art gallery. Bob's a good guy, he is married to someone else, has two adult children and has grandchildren. We chatted and got to know one another a bit better, we parted ways. This was not - repeat NOT a date. I did a check in on Facebook that we were at a restaurant and the art gallery together.

When I talked to the other as previously mentioned, he said he had made other plans since he hadn't heard from me. I said ok, another time. This morning, he sends me angry text messages over where I was with Bob the other night. I explained the situation about the new phone and that since we didn't connect I made an alternate plan. I assured him nothing illicit was going on, because if it was I wouldn't have posted on it. He accused me of cheating, I said I wasn't doing anything of the sort, he said he didn't want to see me anymore.

This also took place over text messages, not a phone call. He's being ignorant and jealous. I feel bad, I didn't mean it really.

• Author
mortensorchid

I don't really have a question. I had some displaced guilt about making another party angry with me, but as I have nothing to feel guilty about intellectually it's not a big deal. I did say "he's an ok guy but etc.", which is how I felt about him from day one. I think I was just with him because I was lonely, otherwise he doesn't have much going for him like he said.

Still I wonder why he's jealous of the fact I was with someone else when he himself said that some other guy would have so much more to offer me than him. Craziness.

Still I wonder why he's jealous of the fact I was with someone else when he himself said that some other guy would have so much more to offer me than him. Craziness.

Well obviously he wanted you to say "oh no you offer me so much I only want you". But you didn't (and you were quite right not to!!). He is upset that you didn't give him the attention he was craving.