Hot guy is fixing my car!

SweetVixen07

For the last month, my dad has a friend from work, who comes to work on my car on his day off of work. Whenever my dad lets me know that the guy and his son(Steve) are coming over to fix my car...I never really think twice about it. I figure the father and son are probably fat and pretty grime looking.

It wasn't until last Wednesday afternoon, my mom ran in to tell me to go out there and check out the son...she seemed quite excited about it. I had this crazy look on my face and I asked her how old he looked. She said he looked like he was around my age. When I walked out the first of many times, I went and talked to my younger brother who was cleaning up the interior.

I really didn't get a good look at him b/c I didn't have my glasses on and I refused to gawk at him. But let me tell you, he sure got a good look at me. He stared at me for a good 5 seconds. For the next few hours I took it upon myself to continue to walk in and out of the house. Our door that leads to the garage squeaks, so everytime I came out I noticed Steve would look up from the hood and would stare every single time.

Later when I went to the mailbox to get the flyer, his father briefly took a glance but went back to what he was doing...Steve slowly tilted his head in my direction and watched me walk past the car. On my way back from the mailbox Steve asked me if I had a magnet...he should know I don't know keep track of my dad's stuff. When they ran into a dileema I asked Steve what was wrong with it...not that I really cared... it was just a way to get him talking to me.

Once my dad came home, I decided to linger around them and my dad for a while. Anyway, they were talking about the battery. "What happens when I can't find a jump for the car?" I asked. Steve replied back and said that I should sweetly ask dad for another battery. Then I jokingly asked my dad if he could get me a battery for my birthday. "When is your birthday?" Steve asked, "July 23, I'm going to be 18!" Steve said his was a few days after that..I asked him what day. "July 26." I asked him how old he was and he joked at first saying that he was 30. I was shocked and said "you are an old man." But then said "Actually I'm going to be 24."

I instantly calculated that he was born in 1980 and was six years older then myself. "You're not a Leo are you?" Steve questioned. I was slightly taken back b/c guys just don't ask you what your astrological sign is. "Yeah I am." I answered. Anyway I continued to linger around them until it got pretty dark out and the only light that we had was the light from the garge and the flash light I had given them to use. Their conversation consisted of nothing but football...which bore the hell out of me.My dad seemed to like Steve a little too much because he plays semi-pro football and sounds as though he is pretty good.

Next, dad went into the garage to find something...seconds after that his father had some kind of revelation and ran to the car. Leaving Steve and I alone for about a min or two, what a long min that was too. Even though it was dark he still managed to look at me...but this time it was more of a lovingly look which maybe indicated that he was interested...I briefly made eye contact but put my head back down b/c I feel weird when a person stares at me and never says anything.

An half an hour later...they decided to call it the night and I went inside to tell my mom. She said that we would make a cute couple because she thought he was a nice and polite guy when she met him earlier. My mom asked dad what his comments of what happened...he was completely oblivious. She asked him "was there a connection?" He said he didn't feel anything between us. But I interrupted and said that he was checking me out a little too much and I couldn't believe dad didn't even notice. But now when I think about it he never really made it obvious...at least not in front of my dad...Steve's dad probably noticed though. My question is how do I show that I'm interested the next time he comes over?? And if he's not seeing anyone how should I bring up trading phone numbers???

Thanks! :love:

Sounds like your in middle school. LoL.

Come on your a grown girl. Figure this sort of thing out for yourself. You will have fun without our help.

Be yourself. Well, we know he jokes around. So joke around with him. About stupid stuff, usually topic doesnt mean anything when having a fun conversation.

Play around with your own ideas. Dont make yourself come off wrong. Dont act like sleez (ahha) and rub up against him like that. Be a mature lady, believe it or not, guys like that sort of thing in a woman.

But than again im no expert.

:laugh:

Good Luck hun.

-John.

Hmm. Your mother believes that you and someone six years your senior, you JUST about to turn eighteen, would make you a good couple, eh? Your mother is extremely odd, in my opinion.

If this guy even accepts your phone number before you actually turn the legal age of 18, I would consider that a bad sign. I do not believe that any real relationship could come out of the both of you, considering the age difference. At this point in time, the age difference would be greatly felt, as you are just about to turn 18. This man, almost turning 24, has a great wealth of experience over you in life. I believe there would be too many differences.