What do you think happened here?

My ex and I just became fb friends and all of a sudden after liking a link on his wall that his friend posted, that friend requested me on fb. Then when I accepted he liked my profile pic. My ex and I were speaking for the first time in months and he mentioned that he saw that I became fb friends with his bestfriend/roommate. He said that his friend said that I added him when really he requested me, but that's besides the point lol. Then the next day his friend followed me on Instagram..I didn't follow back. Then several hours later he unfollows me and I notice a few days later that he unliked my pic on fb. I thought his friend was cute and was interested, but judging by my exes attitude when we were talking (he's sneaky at times) and the sudden weirdness of his friend it seems like my ex could be cockblocking..? And by the way, my ex has been in a relationship with this one girl for a few months now and seems very much into her. That's why we stopped talking each other initially.

Its facebook. Its not a healthy tool for a relationship.

Get off the computer and go and talk to her face to face.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Constructive content retained.
  • Like 2
  • Author
Here is what happened. You were still bitter [about your breakup and the other girl your ex is dating] but still wanted your ex. So you started talking [and stalking] to him on FB. And then when you got some attention from his best friend, you said "Oh, wouldn't it be a great revenge if I date his best friend." But before you could go through with that plan, he talked to his buddy and his buddy undid whatever they thought was inappropriate [bro code]. And here you are. That is what happened.

Did you even read my post? Never did I say that I wanted to get back with my ex, and I just said that his friend was cute. My ex messaged me about that guy being his best friend and never have I ever contacted or mentioned that friend of his to him. I was just curious if my ex had something to

do with the sudden weirdness that's all. Like if he said anything. My ex and I are on good terms now.

Edited by Coexist7

Sounds to me like your ex wasn't cool with you and his friend flirting via FB. He spoke to his friend about it, and his friend did what any good friend should do: he backed off.

Now, where does that leave you? Well, I think hooking up with the ex's friends is a big no-no. It just creates too much drama for not enough gain. I mean, are you head-over-heels in love with this guy? Your post makes it sound like you're out for a lay. If so, c'mon OP, you can find a lay that is less troublesome that all that.

Kudos on the friend for backing off when requested. Not a lot of dudes are like that with their friends.

Yep. That is exactly why I said what I said in my original reply. If an ex-gf is hooking up with your very best friend [out of *all* the people she can hook up with] she'd better be living in a town with ~1-5 males. Or it is probably something she is doing to get back at her ex [either get even or get him jealous or something].

I'm less convinced that thus is about revenge booty (as she said this was not so much about her ex as about her attraction to his friend). But the lack of an outwardly malicious motive doesn't negate bro code, which explicitly prohibits sleeping with a friend's ex.

OP could easily find a quick hookup elsewhere. Just my opinion. :)