"Bed Buddies"? Or not?

brunette4u

Here's my question. Do you think it is possible to have a "bed buddy", meaning have sexual relations only, with someone who you once had a serious relationship with?

Me and my ex just broke up like 4 weeks ago (together for 9 months), and he's calling me back to just have "relations" with him. No feelings involved. We are young (early 20's), and are simply just very sexual people, but not with multiple partners. I cheated on him (kissed a guy) when we were together, and he did drugs, which I did not approve of, so we both broke it off. We had a horrible breakup, he was very rude and disrespectful, as was I to him, and finally we have grown up and actually want to sit down and talk about things. However, he claims he just wants to do this....

Has anybody ever experienced this? We connect 100% in the bedroom, that was a huge part of our relationship...so it seems stupid not to. Any advice?

StartingAgain

Honey, he's just looking for some booty. Nearly every guy at least wants to go back to the well after a break up, but most of us figure out that it's not a good idea. As soon as he gets some, he won't be interested in talking anything out. I wouldn't go there with him as things are between you now.

I agree, not to mention 4 weeks isn't enough time to get over the feelings you two once had for each other. If you agree to this, most likely your feelings are going to be hurt. Why would you want to put yourself in a situation where a guy is just going to use you for sex? If he was very rude and disrespectful to you last time you broke up, and you fall for him again, do you really think he won't hurt you like that next time he wants to get away from you? It's up to you, but don't get hurt again.

savethedrama4allama

Its old fashioned but I always think about what would happen if I got pregnant.

Usually bed buddies are not the type of guys who would be sensitive and caring and would support your decisions if you happened to become accidentally pregnant (and it does happen!) I'm not saying that I have to see him as a father to my children, but man enough to discuss our options rationally and take responsibility and an active role in whatever we decide to do. Usually only a man who loves you would be so inclined.

Likewise, as bed buddies and nothing more I would question what he was doing with others that might put me at risk for sexually transmitted diseases. (Some, like genital warts, can be spread even with condom use.)

It just goes to show that sex really is special because you must trust your partner a lot.