Boyfriend HUMILIATED me at work....

I work with my boyfriend. He has been kind of demoted on this particular project, as in he is not the boss. We had a training seminar yesterday for 150 new hires on protocol for safety, reporting etc. I do NOT like speaking in front of groups, he KNEW it as I had said I did not want to have to go over any documentation, so what did he do?

As I was giving my presentation, he and his 'buddy' sat in the back of the room and laughed at the people doing the presentation, when it was my turn? He asked pointedly stupid questions, went out of his way to embarrass me and humiliate me with his'buddy'. I was furious and have not spoken to him since. Now he acts like "Hey it was just a joke" NO! It was mean and he humiliated me infront of people and made me feel foolish and I feel undermined me.

Why would he do that? I am so hurt right now I cant talk to him!

Lack of respect?

Ignoring your personal dignity?

Showing you up in front of people?

Colleagues?

AT WORK??

He's a jerk.

He sounds childish, immature and not the kind of guy you need in your life.

In your shoes, trust me, he would be an ex.

Right now.

What do you need someone like him in your life for?

He belittles you and humiliates you?

Nope.

Kick to kerb time, sweetheart.

• Like 3

Hey is this the guy "Brian" from your last thread? (I usually check a poster's previous posts before giving my take.)

This thread here is the one I am referring to:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/346381-forgot-his-birthday-then-called-him-wrong-name

Anyway looks like you got what you deserved....

Edited by Imajerk17

Stupid jerk boys. Immature and idiotic. Even worse, unprofessional.

A partner is supposed to protect you, support you, and help you through difficult times, especially when he knows you're going to be in situation that causes you discomfort. Instead, he did the opposite.

I'd find myself a man. Dump this one at the nearest sandbox.

• Like 2

when someone deliberately disrespects you like that in front of so many people, AT WORK....and you take him back....

It won't be a one time thing.

A person like that doesn't care about you like a bf should care for a gf.

• Like 1
  • Author

I am dumping him. We had plans this weekend and so since the reservations are in my name? Im going with some friends, he can sit and wonder.

• Like 5

these are the kind of guys that later start treating you like crap so that you feel like crap about yourself so they can justify being better than you, treating you like crap, cheating, etc.

• Like 2
  • Author

The thing that just irritates me? He KNEW I was nervous about getting up and speaking in front of a group! I don't like it, I am not good at it and he mocked me and humiliated me! I am so angry at him. Now HE is mad as I won't take his calls, well? What did he expect? I am not some doormat! Joke my ass!

• Like 1
The thing that just irritates me? He KNEW I was nervous about getting up and speaking in front of a group! I don't like it, I am not good at it and he mocked me and humiliated me! I am so angry at him. Now HE is mad as I won't take his calls, well? What did he expect? I am not some doormat! Joke my ass!

Have you told him precisely how this made you feel? Once you're done having him in the dog-house, I'd opt for telling him in no uncertain terms how much this hurt you.

And his response to that discussion would determine whether I dumped him or not.

Let him simmer for a couple days though. Sometimes some time is useful.

• Like 1
I work with my boyfriend. He has been kind of demoted on this particular project, as in he is not the boss. We had a training seminar yesterday for 150 new hires on protocol for safety, reporting etc. I do NOT like speaking in front of groups, he KNEW it as I had said I did not want to have to go over any documentation, so what did he do?

As I was giving my presentation, he and his 'buddy' sat in the back of the room and laughed at the people doing the presentation, when it was my turn? He asked pointedly stupid questions, went out of his way to embarrass me and humiliate me with his'buddy'. I was furious and have not spoken to him since. Now he acts like "Hey it was just a joke" NO! It was mean and he humiliated me infront of people and made me feel foolish and I feel undermined me.

Why would he do that? I am so hurt right now I cant talk to him!

As a man, sounds like he needs to grow up a bit more to me. Make him work for his apology to you, he should learn after that.

hard ...i feel for you....public humiliation is awful especially when you are not one to put yourself out there.....in saying that

give him a chance to say sorry, wait until you feel calm , it is his place to come to you and apologize for his behavior......it may well have been his way of trying to make you relax or his motives may not have been to humiliate you but in a really deluded way try and help you....i had a friend who when i was trying to speak and i had lost it i was abtou to cry...couldnt speak he said ...just imagine everyone naked out of the blue or something really silly...smilin...lol...ahem sorry...and i laughed and it got me over that mindset i had where i felt i was going to go to pieces...and that was only in a small group of people we were rehearsing a play.....and to tell the truth ...i started to come out of my shell after that...i accepted a talking position...at my church i felt that i could....i am back in my shell now......but i was actually grateful to him even though it was goofy what he said...lol...i relate...smilin...i have never told him, never will.............but ill never forget

now i know that your case isnt the same but i feel you should give him a chance to say sorry....he might regret what he did.....its up to you......i wish you much luck and congrats for standing up and speaking i know how hard it is....hugs....deb

aussietigerwolf

Give yourself a couple of days to cool off and then have a looong serious talk with him... After that if he still doesn't see the hurt he caused then Ditch him.

• Like 2

I agree, he's in the dog house and he knows it. So, used that to your advantage. Think about how he'll have to make it up to you. Flowers, dinner.....trip to Maui....trip to the Bahamas......

You're in the driver's seat and you don't even realize it.

Jeeze, I read your last thread and was like "what? Is this Brian? You got a new job and a boyfriend within 6 days?"

Anyways, douche move for sure. I dunno how the rest of the relationship is, may not be a deal breaker, but let him know in no uncertain terms he messed up and will not let it happen again and that he's going to have to make it up somehow.

Also, if this relationship doesn't work out I'd suggest not dating in the work place. Things get sticky.

• Author

No, the poster was referring to a post from LAST year. Why? Who knows. But that man from last year and I are no more, But this guy and I have been dating for a while, I hooked him up with my bosses and he got a job here.