Is ''One thing led to another'' a horrible excuse?

I'm sick of hearing this line. That's like saying ''well I had no self-control and it just happen''. One thing doesn't just led to another; you make it happen.

At least have the guts to say ''I made a terrible decision and slept with someone else that wasn't you'' instead of ''Well we started kissing and one thing led to another and end up having sex''. You didn't just end up having sex, he decided to make that choice.

• Like 4
  • Author
"Is ''One thing led to another'' a horrible excuse?"

Yes.

Thank you. Until the cheaters know that's one of the worst thing to excuse yourself from cheating, they'll never understand they cheated because they wanted to.

Talking to the opposite sex doesn't lead to kissing. You can walk away anytime. And kissing definitely doesn't immediately lead to having sex. Again, you can still walk away before things go further.

What I'll never understand is when cheaters used this excuse when they're also drunk. Why even put yourself in that position of drinking pass your limit with the opposite sex? When I'm with my friends drinking and start feeling a bit tipsy, I stop right there. Why do I need to continue drinking?

Darren Steez

I don't think it's excuse, certainly all of us have been in situations where escalation happens, but I think we also know that it's your choice to allow the escalation to happen so when anybody uses that line you know it was their choice and they got caught up in the passion.

Betterthanthis13
I'm sick of hearing this line. That's like saying ''well I had no self-control and it just happen''. One thing doesn't just led to another; you make it happen.

At least have the guts to say ''I made a terrible decision and slept with someone else that wasn't you'' instead of ''Well we started kissing and one thing led to another and end up having sex''. You didn't just end up having sex, he decided to make that choice.

It's not even an excuse. It's a dumb, immature thing to say.

An excuse indicates that the person knows they did something wrong and is trying to justify why they did it and blame it on something else. Still pathetic but-----Saying"one thing just led to another" is basically saying they aren't responsible for their actions and can't be held accountable because they didnt really do anything wrong. And if a person doesn't even know cheating is wrong, they have no business being in a relationship.

cheaters are cowards. cowards do not take responsibility for their actions. Hence the horrible excuses. "One thing led to another"--right, one thing led to another and my dong just happened to find its way inside her. It just happened so quickly! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It just happened so quickly!

Well, that part might be true in some cases, lol.

But seriously, if one can generalize about cheaters as a whole, it's that they lack accountability (as others have said). In their world, the excuse doesn't have to be a good one because as long as it explains away their own nagging guilt, it's a sufficient answer.

• Like 1

It is sugar coating it. Put it this way, if you cheat, then you've made a STRING of poor decisions and not just one. For starters you have to be alone with her in a room or at one another's house. How would that happen? Secondly, if she makes a pass at you you can walk away. Third, if she throws herself at you, then you can push her off. If it was that tempting and she told you all of the things she would do to you then the best thing for you is too walk away, take a LONGGGGG shower if you know what I mean, and leave it at that. If you do that, and clear your (ahem) urges then you'll have a clearer head to work with and 5 seconds after a man masturbates is the most honest time in his life. If you masturbated and were thankful for not doing anything with her as soon as you finished then you made the right choice.

Sounds weird? Hey, there's the alternative and that's sleeping with her. Guess which one will give you less drama?

ChristopherRobin

The truth is, if you hear that line then they are still hiding information from you. "One thing led to another" roughly translates to "I won't tell you what I was thinking or feeling at the time or whether I even considered you or our relationship."

• Like 1
MYCluciferase

"Is ''One thing led to another'' a horrible excuse?"

No, it's doesn't contain any excuse at all, it's a description of the process.

If you had "it happened so quickly" or "it seemed so natural" then that would add something approaching an excuse...

I think the description implies "I don't have an excuse...".

I believed I just answered this before a couple minutes ago. This is actually the more idiotic thing you can say and it's like telling that person Well anything can happen when you're tempted and I probably never really care about you that much.