my husband has accused me of cheating for years

I have tried to prove to my husband for 25 years that I have not cheated. I even took a polygraph and then he accused me of cheating with the polygrapher. I took a 2nd polygraph and also passed this one but can't decide if I should even tell him I took the 2nd test.

By agreeing to these polygraph tests, you are just enabling his unhealthy obsession with your fidelity.

You need to quit playing into it. If you never cheated, you have nothing to defend.

• Like 1

My husband has accused me multiple times of cheating on him. Turns out, he is he one who was doing the cheating and projecting it onto me.

It is really frustrating to be accused like that when you have not done anything.

ExpatInItaly
I have tried to prove to my husband for 25 years that I have not cheated. I even took a polygraph and then he accused me of cheating with the polygrapher. I took a 2nd polygraph and also passed this one but can't decide if I should even tell him I took the 2nd test.

You might want to read up on morbid jealousy/Othello syndrome. I'm not trying to play doctor, but there could be something much deeper (psychologically) behind these accusations

I had an ex that did this **** too. Never took a test but I wasn't cheating. She was absolutely hell bent on proving I was a cheater and would not stop until she found the "proof". Well you can't prove something that doesn't exist.

Anyways, it became too much to bear. I ended up leaving and getting into another relationship within a couple of months. When she discovered this, she was convinced I left her for the woman I was "cheating" on her with. Congratulations woman, you got the "validation" you were so desperately looking for.