I can't understand her hot and coldness?

Me and this girl have been flirting using text/phone to get to know each other (haven't met).

But I pushed to wanting to get to know her in person, rather than text and she said "I never know what I want x". I acted a bit off here, was wondering if I was wasting my time, etc.

She said that it wasn't the case of not wanting to know me, but that "for the first time in about a year she's felt in a place where she could move on if she wanted to because her ex has finally left her alone", but that she "doesn't know what she wants".

Then I apologised after a couple of days for acting like an idiot.

Anyway, our text conversation went like this:

Me - Saw #grumpybutgorgeous trend on twitter, thought of you

Girl - Haha! You're the grumpy one

Me - I am, but with a little bit of gorgeous thrown in too, haha!

Girl - Watch your head on the way out

Me - Build me a bigger door then, you'll need these (pictures of small tools)

Girl - Who says you deserve one? I might just let you bang your head

Me - If it gets me a free head massage, I'm not complaining

Girl - It doesn't

Me - That's alright, it needs work anyway

Girl - Sorry I'm in a grump and I'm still a bit annoyed at you for your female fit the other day

Me - Hadn't noticed, but I was wrong to do that. Gonna get an early one, night grumpy face

Girl - My grumpy face is all yours, I hope you're enjoying it <3 sweet dreams

Then, 3 days later we had this:

Me - Going to rob a bank, wanna drive or shoot?

Girl - Safer that I drive; considering I have the driving license and you don't

Me - Nah, you'd drive too safe! I get the wheel.. you can hold the gear stick

Girl - Haha.. Clearly never been in the car with me

Me - If that's an invitiation, tell me the fastest you've been

Girl - 120 in my mini..

Me - That it?

Girl - Faster than you x

Me - Could run faster x

Girl - You do that then, night

Me - Okay night

They were quick responses, but why the coldness? I was going to end the conversation after she said "faster than you", but why is she acting off with me? One day she doesn't, sometimes she does?

I was thinking about not contacting and let her initiate next time, to test if she's interested. I don't want to give attention to someone who acts cold/gives bad behaviour.

• Author
What grade are you two in? This childish nonsense sounds like an exchange between two 14 year olds. Maybe you should persue someone who isn't such a time waster. If she were any less invested, she'd be in a coma.

Lol, the previous week though we were asking each other detailed questions. She'd send like 5-6 lines each time and intrigued into what I was saying.

The little "fit" of sorts came after me wanting to know her in person etc, she said she never knows what she wants, etc so I acted a bit cold with a couple of words each text, taking it as a hint.

She said "that was not the case" and that for the first time in over a year, she's finally got her ex to leave her alone. But she doesn't know what she wants..

Then she said about "not making any promises, but she does want to get to know me, etc.

Personally, I reacted stupidly so I apologised the next day. The ex thing could be true because I saw him tweet something saying "Maybe change is good" as she retweeted it.

It could just be conflicted emotions, all I know is that's strike one and I'll give it one more go whilst keeping other options open.

If you haven't met then you have nothing.

Grow some balls and straight up ask her out on a date. Forget about this computer nonsense, call her up on the phone. Then you'll know where you stand.

Edited by PegNosePete

Is this the same girl you've been e-dating for months on your other questions/threads?

Why haven't you met yet?

If she keeps backing out or finding excuses there's a chance she's either "catfishing" you, has eyes for someone else and/or has no real interest in actually dating you and sees you as someone to mess around with.

The bottom line is you can't have a relationship with someone you've never met, even if they are legit.